Brocco Bank Roadworks Stupidity

Grrrrrr

Yes I know Yorks water need to dig up Brocco Bank.

Thats cool.

But why not wait a few weeks till schools have finished to ease the congestion massively?

They did that when Endcliffe Vale Road was closed last summer, or was that just a coincidence as opposed to good planning?

And while Im at it the one waything is a good idea, but why not switch it according to the rush hour?

This morning there was no-one going the opposite way further on and this avvy there was no-one coming up the one way bit.

Comments?

Besides take the bus? But goodness knows which way that would go.

I can feel 6 weeks of terrorising poor folk living on back roads and residential streets coming on :(

d

Don't get the bus home!!! The number 30/50 that is...What a nightmare - talk about the scenic route. Instead of turning left down Newbould Lane and then Right along past the Botanical Gardens we went right out Fulwood Road through Broomhill miles then turned left at some traffics lights then left agin at the bottom onto ?Oakbrook Road. Cars banked up either side - spent 30 minutes inching down with SO many near misses - asking for trouble. Then along past Endcliffe park along with everyone else looking for a diversion and right up onto Ecclesall Rd. Took ages.

Best bet if you work at the Hallamshire or round there is to walk down to Eccy Road and get a bus up from there I reck. Can't believe this is going on til August :(

Originally posted by ukdavvy

Grrrrrr

Yes I know Yorks water need to dig up Brocco Bank.

Thats cool.

But why not wait a few weeks till schools have finished to ease the congestion massively?

They did that when Endcliffe Vale Road was closed last summer, or was that just a coincidence as opposed to good planning?

And while Im at it the one waything is a good idea, but why not switch it according to the rush hour?

This morning there was no-one going the opposite way further on and this avvy there was no-one coming up the one way bit.

Comments?

Besides take the bus? But goodness knows which way that would go.

I can feel 6 weeks of terrorising poor folk living on back roads and residential streets coming on :(

d

Wait till the council have raised the kerbs and turned the carriageway into single file as you approach the roundabout. They reckon this will speed up everyone's journey!

Funnily enough, I can already see traffic tailbacked as far as The West End pub on Glossop Road every rush hour.

Still, remember: Sheffield City Council - Keeping Sheffield Moving (sic).

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Still, remember: Sheffield City Council - Keeping Sheffield Moving (sic).

The famous saying they used to use in the late 60's was 'Sheffield On The Move' - we used to have fun adding 'courtesy of Andrew's Liver Salts' - a laxative. Appropriate now just the same as then - perhaps even more so.