Taybarn @ Tankersley

barnsleyfc32

Umm but it doesnt mean hes a snob. I wouldnt go to one if I knew it was full of scrubbers to be honest. I know someone who got banned from 2 All you can eats :gag: and he had respect for himself! I'd rather pay for the chef to plate me up a normal amount! :D

Umm but it doesnt mean hes a snob. I wouldnt go to one if I knew it was full of scrubbers to be honest. I know someone who got banned from 2 All you can eats :gag: and he had respect for himself! I'd rather pay for the chef to plate me up a normal amount! :D
a normal amount of quality at that, not that garbage up at taybarns:D

Exactly. I would prefer to pay, £13 for a decent steak or gammon or even pie! Than chicken dippers.. Presuming thats what they serve!! Sounds like it...
when we go out, based on 4 of us i budget at £15 - £20 per person depending on where we go, but usually it never comes to more than £55 for us all to have a very nice main course & either a starter or dessert each, 2 courses is more than ample for us. you can get plenty of nice main courses for around £10 wherever you go & upto £5 for starters & desserts. so id definately pay the extra for quality over quantity Edited by mh01

It's got nothing to do with being a snob. I don't like to eap the cheapest most processed food you can buy. That is what you get at EVERY all you can eat place. As I stated in my earlier post it's chep food for cheap people. Whenever I have seen these places it reminds me of pigs eating the swill....

so u only get cheap food at buffets...lol

the chinese one we eat at in leeds has sushi,lobster and dressed crab in the shell.....all cheap processed eh?

:loopy:

yeah but weer on about taybarns in particular arnt we:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
This article made me laugh: http://newsarse.com/2009/10/27/dining-out-increasingly-popular-among-gluttonous-********/

Taybarns restaurant chain have reported record growth of their ‘all-you-can-eat for £5.99′ business model highlighting the rising popularity of eating until you vomit out of your nose.

One extremely fat individual told us, “Normally, the only thing wrong with eating out at restaurants is the portions. They’re simply not enough.”

“That and the fact that everyone looks at you funny as you knock people out of the way trying to squeeze between the tables.”

Self-esteem

Taybarn’s have been quick to respond to criticism they are fuelling the obesity crisis by pointing out they are helping improve the self-esteem of their customers.

Our fat interviewee continued, “Now I can eat as much as I like, and I get no funny looks as everyone else in there is as disgusting as me.”

“In fact, now we all stop and stare when a thin person comes in, I mean, they’re just throwing money away, right?”

“I’m really not surprised at Taybarns success, as the only thing better than a plate of suet pudding, is two plates of suet pudding, but even that’s not as good as three plates of suet pudding. You see where this is going, right?”

“The only downside is walking to the buffet table. If someone were to introduce a waitress service there’s a strong possibility I’d never leave.”