Opinions on Sheffield Wool and Textile Crafts Fair

Jill you are a brick.

:rant:There's no need to be like that, after all she's done this weekend.......... oh, brick......... Yes, yes, I totally agree! Couldn't agree more! :D

What a fantastic weekend!

I'm so glad that we raised so much money for Bluebell Wood. Despite the credit crunch and all that it just goes to show how caring and giving all the lovely crafters everywhere are. Everyone that I collared on the stall were enthusing about it. I managed a quick wizz round and just gazed at the creativity and colours. Totally transfixed by the idea of sugar cane. milkfibre, and corn knitting material but the colours were gorgeous and the samples were so soft.

Jill thanks for the vision and organising it all. Next year's will be easier I promise you. Just go and lie down with that bottle and dream beautiful dreams you deserve them.

Well done everyone whatever part you played in making the weekend a success.

Anyone got any photos to send to the press?

Sorry nearly forgot Rhona, Thanks for your brilliant selling of the raffle tickets. You made sure no-one escaped your clutches.

:D I called in, and thought it was great! My mum was with me, and the lovely bobbly wool Jill had on her stall has prompted her to pick up her needles again after about 10 years (she gave up because of worsening arthritis) :clap:

Everyone was really helpful and chatty - no-one minded daft questions or odd requests. Brilliant.

I've also got to ask, no beg, for felting classes to run at the Wool Baa please. I was chatting to the lady upstairs, and she said there was a chance of classes.... pleeeeeease?!

I really enjoyed it - lots to look at, plenty of lovely things to buy, friendly welcoming people... I liked the venue, I didnt have enough time to stay and have a cup of tea or have a go at felting (poorly child on settee at home!) but WOULD have done if I could. It seemed busy too. I would go again definitely. Thanks everyone who organised it! I would be very happy to knit things for Bluebell Wood next time too.

Forgot to add, I wanted to check out the spinning and weaving...any chance of workshops at the 'Baa ?! Particularly basic peg loom stuff ...

Forgot to add, I wanted to check out the spinning and weaving...any chance of workshops at the 'Baa ?! Particularly basic peg loom stuff ...

I fancy having a go at that pixiepear! I was eye-ing it up on the Winghams stand, but put it back as I know nothing........ :roll::roll:

:)

I fancy having a go at that pixiepear! I was eye-ing it up on the Winghams stand, but put it back as I know nothing........ :roll::roll:

I saw a weaving stall at Whirlow last week and the very nice lady there gave me a quick demo but obviously thought I knew a lot more about it than I actually did! But I'm pretty keen to give it a go. I need more rugs in my house, I need to use up lots of yarn and its calling to me! Off to google peg looms...:)

Well done everyone, really enjoyed everything. Lovely to see so many people interested in such a wide variety of crafts. Great to see little people involved as well. Thank you very much.:)

i had a fabulous afternoon!

i was able to get some great advice from winghams and buy the bits that i needed from there (which i was going to get online anyway...but shopping in person is just so much more fun! :D)

i also bought a fab book of felted hats which im hoping to take some inspiration from for my new millinery evening class....and personal projects!

it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and i wish i could have stayed longer and seen more of the demonstrations, but it wasnt to be. next year (coz there will be a next year! :P) i shall have done more saving and will be setting more time aside to make sure i can spend more time.

congratulations and many thanks to all the organisers, stall holders and helpers- i think it was a raging success. :thumbsup:

x

I popped in and it looked great. Didn't really have the chance to spend as I had a 3 year old in tow and I was in the middle of packing for our holiday the next day. It looked great and I wish I had had more time to enjoy it.

I went along with my weeman, but I have been out of the loop so long, I was rather overwhelmed by it all. The last time I had seriously been knitting, it was all 4ply, DK and chunky lol

Once I've found my feet again though, I might just give these new fangled types a go. They look great fun! :D