Slimming World Sheffield

Works ok for us, in 9 months I lost 6 stones, my wife 2 st 11 lbs and has been on target now for a few weeks, she does not have to pay now, providing she stays within +3lbs/-3lbs of ner target.

Regards

Angel.

Perhaps you could both give me an example of your days?

I cook out of their book for an evening meal and they all contain loaaddsss of veg, so thats superfree! Curries have loads of spinach in them, so eveing meal im getting my superfree, i eat lots of fruit during the day. What else can i do? Salad just doesnt fill m for lunch so thats why ive been having left over evening meal! :(

Edited by iphonelover

They sell low-fat sausages in Morrisons, i have seen them in the Halfway branch anyway.

I haven't been to Morrisons for a while, i remember 3 flavours but one of them tasted absolutely dire, but i can't remember which one.:(

Works ok for us, in 9 months I lost 6 stones, my wife 2 st 11 lbs and has been on target now for a few weeks, she does not have to pay now, providing she stays within +3lbs/-3lbs of ner target.

Regards

Angel.

Well done thats fab. What are you eating on a day to day basis?

We like extra easy days, but its little snacks in between that im struggling for ideas on.

My husband is 6ft 4 and stocky, so it can be difficult t fill him up

Well done thats fab. What are you eating on a day to day basis?

We like extra easy days, but its little snacks in between that im struggling for ideas on.

My husband is 6ft 4 and stocky, so it can be difficult t fill him up

Sw do a book called '5 syns and under snacks'. That might be useful buy, its quite a handy little book! Small enough for a handbag as well. I have weight watchers snacka in like those little cakes they sell or their crisps or biscuits. Most are under 5 syns :)

Heres a typical day for me:

Breakfast - 1 alpen light bar (can have 2 as Healthy Exta B) and an apple.

Mid morning - some grapes

Lunch - a bag of Uncle Bens Mexican mircowave rice (1 1/2 syns) and a some chicken breast slices followed by half a punnet of strawberries and a vanilla Muller Light yogurt.

Tea - lean meat (chicken or pork) with lots of stir fried veg (beansprouts, chillis, peppers, spring onions) with noodles and soy sauce. I'll have a curly wurly for afters (6 syns), and drink 2 litres of water a day, and I have about 3 cups of tea during the day with no milk and 1 sugar per cup (but I don't count my sugar syns!!) plus I go to the gym or for a run 3-4 times a week.

I've lost 30lbs since January, so its gradually coming off, which is the healthy way, but slimming world has become more of a way of life for me as apposed to a diet x

Yes loads better than Weight Watchers IMO. You aren't counting points, you only count syns on slimming world. I've done both and Slimming world is so much better that I've lost 20lb since May.

Does anyone know if there are still classes at any of the following

Niagra

Polish Club

Carlton Rd

If these slimming clubs work for you and you keep the weight off then good for you. How many don't manage to keep the weight off and end up back there though?

This video is about how fat is stored and used and how our bodies deal with sugar:

And this one gives us a solution. I recommend you watch all of it, but the most important part is at 7mins onwards:

So protein, natural fat (eg, fat from lean meat) and a reduction in carbs is the answer. So for example, cutting out stuff very high in carbs like Chinese food and pasta.

Weight watchers food is usually low in fat, but its often packed with carbs.

Here what I usually eat:

Breakfast: Porridge or bran flakes in soya milk (soya is high in protein = you will feel fuller for longer). Porridge has a low GI - so you can cut out that mid morning snack.

Lunch: 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg scrambled with three slices of brown toasted bread.

(egg yolks are 89% fat, hence the egg whites, also the majority of the protein is in the egg white).

Tea: Skinless chicken breast or skinless fish with a potato and mixed frozen veg.

Dessert: Some fruit. You don't need to be eating chocolate bars, if you have a sweet tooth then sources of natural sugar are the way to go.

Do these slimming groups cover exercise as well?

Anyway here is a little tip, the most important exercise is weight training (even for women).

Don't worry, you won't wake up one day looking like Rambo, your bodies don't have the necessary levels of testosterone (professional competing female body builders have to inject steroids to get as big as they do).

If you increase your muscle mass then you increase the energy requirements to sustain these larger muscles. To get this energy, your body needs to burn more fat. So, weight training gives you a higher metabolic rate (your metabolism).

You don't need to go pumping iron. You can get started with body weight exercises - for example push ups (or assisted push ups until you have the strength to do push ups), body weight squats and pull ups.

Edited by Zepp

i tryed n it didn't wrl for me but ever 1 is different, x