Bradfield school

I used to go to Bradfield School lol...

Back on topic.... You'll probably be hearing more school closures due to swine flu in the coming months tbh :(.

Couldn't be anything to do with this glorious weather we're having in the first week of term ?? ;)

My lad goes to Bradfield and came home feeling bad with a cough yesterday. Today he is off school, bad at home.

He only has a high temperature and a bad cough at the moment. Hopefully that will be it.

.........She was diagnosed with swineflu .........

Highly unlikely.

Were swabs taken?

i heard it was 80 pupils one of my work collegues her girls go to bradfield and one of her girls have swine flu, not sure that swabs are still being taken as the labs cant cope with the voume.

Couldn't be anything to do with this glorious weather we're having in the first week of term ?? ;)

Yes, some children will do anything to be off school but some children are ill, my son included. I have had a call from school and am expecting a nurse calling anytime now to take some swabs, so this is being taken seriously. I hope that all the children that ARE ILL, make a speedy recovery

My son is a Bradfield pupil and came home from school with flu symptoms last friday.

We had a shocking weekend with him and he very kindly passed it on to myself and his dad !

The good news is the worst of its symptoms only lasted 3 days.

We're still feeling a bit rough but able to get on with school/work etc .

We all started with the mother of all headaches which were far worse than any migraine Ive ever had !!

Hope the staff and kids get well soon.

Son came home today from Bradfield school, with the news that 103 children sent home today with flu like symptoms.

well i kept my daughter off she wasnt feeling well last night but still wanted to go to school today she as got up with a really bad cough so iv kept her off she would have only been sent home and she dont feel like playing out.

i got her tablets in from last time im not giving them to her untill im 100% sure she as it. iv had this 2 months ago so i will know if she gets it.

I didn't realise things were still bad! I live near the school and came into contact with some of its pupils the other day. I hope I didn't catch anything.

Dont beleive this .

Had a weekend from hell last week and now my lad is ill again temp of 38.8 and flu symptoms.

And now he tells me lots of his class are off today ........

I think it may be a quiet day at Bradfield on Monday

My child (Bradfield pupil) was very ill this morning,vomiting,aches,pains,chills etc.She was diagnosed with swineflu at lunchtime and is now on Tamiflu.I didn't hear about the rest of school being affected until I was in the chemists tonight. Her brother will be going to school tommorow fingers crossed, as he seems fine. A speedy recovery to all the kids that are poorly and to the skivers-enjoy your day off!!

My girl is a bit better today and really mad cos she is missing the trip to Alton Towers.:rant:I'm mad cos I can't get my £20 back!! HOpe the rest of you with the flu are feeling better today:love: