Dental horror stories!

Awww how sweet! You remembered by love of boobs!!!:love::hihi:

I know! Always thinking of others, I am. :hihi:

This is a long one so here goes and keep up.

Once upon a time in 2007 and whilst on holiday at Clacton-On-Sea, I began to suffer toothache. The pain was excrutiating and within 24 hours my face had swollen to the size of a cricket ball.

By day 4 I could take no more and decide to come home and get some treatment.

Went to charles clifford next morning and was told the tooth was unsalvagable and the only option was to extract it.

A student was left to do the procedure and was totally out of her depth she pushed and pulled for 45 minutes until my head was spinning but the tooth remained. Both she and I were begging her superior to take over and complete the job, whos attitude was You've started so now you'll finish.

Eventually, after almost an hour the tooth came out and I went home with the worst headache EVER

An hour on and back at home I was unable to lift my head off the sofa, was unable to tolerate light, and was in quite a state indeed. My O/H dialled 999 and a paramedic arrived a few minutes later. My O/h explained I'd had a tooth pulled and talked through the symptoms.

After a while the paramedic declared that I was being "mardy" and refused to take me to A&E. my fella argued for a while and then told him to get lost and we'd find other transport.

When he realized we were going to hospital with or without his help he proceded to tel me to "get in the car I'll take you to A&E, But your gonna be sat for hours in minor injuries and you'd be better at home laying down"

When we arrived at a&E I could no longer walk so he wheeled me through and despite being in such a state he did as he promised and parked me in the minor injuries department.

It was there I remained for an uncertain amount of time until my mother arrived and forund me unconscious, she summoned a doctor who realized I was in dire need of help and strechered me out of the place.

From there on in it was diagnosed that the extraction had burst the abscess above the tooth and the infection had travelled up to my brain and caused meningitis.

I nearly lost my life to a tooth being pulled, is that scary enough??? Though No thanks to a pathetic paramedic, we all lived happily ever after.

This is a long one so here goes and keep up.

Once upon a time in 2007 and whilst on holiday at Clacton-On-Sea, I began to suffer toothache. The pain was excrutiating and within 24 hours my face had swollen to the size of a cricket ball.

By day 4 I could take no more and decide to come home and get some treatment.

Went to charles clifford next morning and was told the tooth was unsalvagable and the only option was to extract it.

A student was left to do the procedure and was totally out of her depth she pushed and pulled for 45 minutes until my head was spinning but the tooth remained. Both she and I were begging her superior to take over and complete the job, whos attitude was You've started so now you'll finish.

Eventually, after almost an hour the tooth came out and I went home with the worst headache EVER

An hour on and back at home I was unable to lift my head off the sofa, was unable to tolerate light, and was in quite a state indeed. My O/H dialled 999 and a paramedic arrived a few minutes later. My O/h explained I'd had a tooth pulled and talked through the symptoms.

After a while the paramedic declared that I was being "mardy" and refused to take me to A&E. my fella argued for a while and then told him to get lost and we'd find other transport.

When he realized we were going to hospital with or without his help he proceded to tel me to "get in the car I'll take you to A&E, But your gonna be sat for hours in minor injuries and you'd be better at home laying down"

When we arrived at a&E I could no longer walk so he wheeled me through and despite being in such a state he did as he promised and parked me in the minor injuries department.

It was there I remained for an uncertain amount of time until my mother arrived and forund me unconscious, she summoned a doctor who realized I was in dire need of help and strechered me out of the place.

From there on in it was diagnosed that the extraction had burst the abscess above the tooth and the infection had travelled up to my brain and caused meningitis.

I nearly lost my life to a tooth being pulled, is that scary enough??? Though No thanks to a pathetic paramedic, we all lived happily ever after.

The only other abscess I had very nearly reached my brain... it's scary stuff. This is on my lower jaw so I'm not worried particularly... infact I'm quite liking my new mutant image.:hihi::hihi:

Yeah, it does tend to be upper ones that go nasty, as mine was. Hope your feeling better soon though because I would'nt wish one on my worst enemy

The only other abscess I had very nearly reached my brain... it's scary stuff. This is on my lower jaw so I'm not worried particularly... infact I'm quite liking my new mutant image. :hihi::hihi:
My bold

You are definitely severely weird, lady! I do hope you've got some photos - we need to judge just how mutant you appear.

My bold

You are definitely severely weird, lady! I do hope you've got some photos - we need to judge just how mutant you appear.

Come with me tonight and see for yourself if you want, it's only down the road from you... no cameras!!!:hihi:

Come with me tonight and see for yourself if you want, it's only down the road from you... no cameras!!!:hihi:

No cameras = no point! :hihi::hihi:

No cameras = no point! :hihi::hihi:

You'd need a wide angle lense to get my face in at the moment:hihi::hihi:

I'm not sure what to do now.

The swelling has almost gone and there's no pain at all. Nothing has burst, but I'm not sure if it warrants emergency treatment or if I should wait for an appointment at my dentist instead?

I'm not sure what to do now.

The swelling has almost gone and there's no pain at all. Nothing has burst, but I'm not sure if it warrants emergency treatment or if I should wait for an appointment at my dentist instead?

Yes, you do need emergency treatment, stop trying to wiggle out of it!!! At the very least you need antibiotics.

Yes, you do need emergency treatment, stop trying to wiggle out of it!!! At the very least you need antibiotics.

You just want to see me poked and prodded and suffering :suspect:.

I just want a beer and a nap :hihi:.

You just want to see me poked and prodded and suffering :suspect:.

I just want a beer and a nap :hihi:.

Nonsense! I can't imagine where you get that idea from!

Teeth always do that - get better just before you're due to go to the dentist, then they decide to get worse again the minute you cancel the appointment.

I'm off out with doggy no 1 now, so don't you dare go cancelling whilst I'm out!!