The Buoyant Sheffield Property Market

Hi

I spotted this on the way to work this morning:

http://212.50.188.107/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?details1?src=vebra&PropertyCode=1086002/BROOM/53691/2

I also remember when it was last for sale 2 years ago.

In June 03 it sold for 230,000 pounds.

This is a confirmed figure from the land registry.

So just how special has the renovation been to justify an asking price today of 550,000?

Im amazed.

i know a new bath and a cooker "add value" but this is taking the mickey.

How on earth do the agents manage to have the cheek to attach such a dumb valuation to it?

I have book marked it and Im dying to see if it ever sells without being reduced.

I will also post when, if ever, it does sell and at what exact price.

I love the land registry.

d

PS I like the line about the video entry system and alarm but I guess this is Broomhall :)

Sorry

PPS Dont forget they want extra for the cooker lol

house prices have doubled in sheffield since jun 03, so i'm not surprised to see it at around that asking price.

Whether anyone will buy it is another question, what does the land registry say about recent sales in that area?

Originally posted by ukdavvy

Hi

I spotted this on the way to work this morning:

http://212.50.188.107/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?details1?src=vebra&PropertyCode=1086002/BROOM/53691/2

I also remember when it was last for sale 2 years ago.

In June 03 it sold for 230,000 pounds.

This is a confirmed figure from the land registry.

So just how special has the renovation been to justify an asking price today of 550,000?

Im amazed.

i know a new bath and a cooker "add value" but this is taking the mickey.

How on earth do the agents manage to have the cheek to attach such a dumb valuation to it?

I have book marked it and Im dying to see if it ever sells without being reduced.

I will also post when, if ever, it does sell and at what exact price.

I love the land registry.

d

PS I like the line about the video entry system and alarm but I guess this is Broomhall :)

Sorry

PPS Dont forget they want extra for the cooker lol

the house we are renting sold for around £50k in 2003 (we had a nose at the land registry too) and similar houses on the street are now going for 200k+

price rises like this aren't out of the ordinary... and looking at the pictures i'd guess that the property has been done to an immaculate and tasteful standard. this isn't just a move in-able home it's pretty lush too.

have to say tho that if i had half a million to spend on a house, i wouldn't be silly enough to blow it on a fully renovated one. why pay extra for somebody else's taste?