Problem with cats

Exploitation?? Hours spent squirting cats (or anything else) with a water gun is his idea of heaven!! So No!!!! Dont go! :D

bet ud be peeved off if somebody scared the **** out of ur son or soaked him like tHAT FOR NOTHIGN AT ALL, WELL HED DESERVE IT THE EVIL LIL GIT

I just popped back hoping for common sense posts but no.

Nikki-red what is the little boy being taught about caring for animals and others if squirting cats is encouraged. Try target practise on bullseyes painted on your own garden fence...........

a bit of water wont hurt a cat. when i had one and we was teaching him to use the litter tray he would get squirted for going in the wrong place. i believe im right in thinking it is how they recommend teaching cats anyway so let the child play sniper at the cat, aslong as its just a bit of water theres no harm if it scares them away from the garden

I used to have a problem with cats on my garden until I got my own cat earlier this year. She loves going outside and tends to guard her garden. There has been a noticeable drop in the number of cats venturing into my garden now. Before anyone starts at this idea, yes it is a serious answer!

this does work as everyone has cats on my street but me unfortunantly im allerigic to the little critters but for some odd reason all the cats in the area come to my garden and often wonder into my home lol i chucked a load of cat nip on to one of the owners gardens she has 7 cats so i thaught she could clean up after them instead worked for about 3 days

bet ud be peeved off if somebody scared the **** out of ur son or soaked him like tHAT FOR NOTHIGN AT ALL, WELL HED DESERVE IT THE EVIL LIL GIT

If you'd bothered reading the entire thread, you'd notice I said I was joking, and that my EVIL LIL GIT doesn't even own a water pistol. If you want to have a go at someone, why not pick on the people suggesting anti-freeze, air rifles and Jeyes fluid? Or even the person that mentioned squirting cats originally? :roll:

(By the way, I was the one that went shopping (and paid for) dog food/biscuits for Zorro last week. We love all animals, and I dont appreciate you calling my son names.)

Edited by nikki-red

In that case DO IT! The sooner the world is shut of cats the better. Their owners aren't much better.

Would you like my dog to come crap on your garden?

Cats cannot be controlled in the same way as a dog. That's a known fact.

My dog does her business on my own garden before she is taken for a walk, as I would rather not have her "go" in the street. (although I do carry oodles and boodles of scoopy-bags with me as a matter of course, as a "just-in-case")

My Dexy is a house-cat, so he "goes" in his litter-tray, anyway, so where my cat does his business is a moot point.

well done you then. If only other cat owners were as responsible. Litter trays dont just have to be for kittens. To the irresponsible cat owners then, would you like a big dollop from my dog on your garden? You can spout all you like about cats not being controllable and that you have to let them roam free, utter tripe. Thats the difference between cat and dog owners. If people moan about dog poo on the pavement dog owners tend to agree that its disgusting and a failure of the owner. Cat owners justify their pets actions thereby justifying their own actions. Cretins!

im having this same problem, its doin my nut!! cut the grass very short but they still doing it!!

feel like having a word with the neighbours, as something needs to be done, Its every single night!

there is a plant Called Coleus canina or Scardy Cat plant which deters cats, they hate the smell... you can get it on Ebay :)

there is a plant Called Coleus canina or Scardy Cat plant which deters cats, they hate the smell... you can get it on Ebay :)

Really good tip, I had a look on google and there's tons of offers and stuff about the plant on there, fantastic and permanent solution, I suppose that people could just fill in any gaps in the flower beds with these and it would work if there were enough of the plants in...this gets my vote :thumbsup:

I don't think Jeyes Fluid is harmfull to animals ,I cleaned my rabbit's hutch with it for years a vet recommended it ,just check on the Jeyes Fluid web sight I'm sure they could tell you.I also had a cat and it never affected her she lived till she was nine.

Edited by susan edward

I don't think Jeyes Fluid is harmfull to animals ,I cleaned my rabbit's hutch with it for years a vet recommended it ,just check on the Jeyes Fluid web sight I'm sure they could tell you.I also had a cat and it never affected her she lived till she was nine.

It's common knowledge that jeye's is highly toxic to small furries and cats. (both big-cats, like lions, and domestic cats)