Sign in to follow this  

Handsworth, The Triangle, S9, help please!

Hi

I am just in the process of buying a house and I am particularly keen on one in the Handsworth area. I have been told that the house I am looking at is in an area called the triangle by local residents. Please could someone tell me what they know about the area. It is classed as Handsworth but has a Darnall post code (S9), I don't know if that means anything?? I have been round in the day time and at night and it has always seemed OK. A few kids about near the shops but not too close to the house.

The house is quite small but there will only be 2 of us living there and it fits our budget.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Is that the bit to the left of the parkway going out of town?

Quite a few of my friends have purchased houses on the "Triangle" estate. So called due to a majority of the roads meeting in a tringular formation.

It seems reasonably quiet, well looked after housing area, they bought there as it was a reasonable area and price for first time buyers and have not moved since.

For a 1st time buyer or someone after something relatively cheap & cheerful you could do a lot worse than the triangle.

Its nice clean tidy & relatively quiet [theres only one road into the estate.One problem being some houses are close to the Parkway.

Don't be put off by the S9 postcode

I grew-up on the estate opposite the 'Triangle' so know it well. Although it's S9, the only difference to S13 (across the Parkway), are the lower house prices. As long as you don't go as far as the train line (down the hill towards Darnall) you'll be fine. Recently, prices have begun to catch-up with S13.

i live on the triangle estate, no probs, no complaints... very handy transport n road links and it is very quiet.

if ur house is ok you'll not regret moving here

I grew up on the Triangle in the 1st house on Willow Drive. It is a quiet estate and I never encountered any problems. The road onto the main road by the shops can be a gathering point for local youths and the odd chav showing off their souped up nova but I lived right by it and it was never more than a minor irritation.

I nearly bought a place on there but ended up further up Hall Road.