Local Brewery - beer swaps

Lots of local breweries do beer swaps now I believe. Does anyone know if any of them swap as far away as Surrey - specifically the Hogsback Brewery? I was in Waitrose the other day and saw bottles of T.E.A, which I was weaned on as a young 'un. Would love to have a pint or so of it up here.

Any answers much appreciated - and obviously which pubs may have it on if any.

Fingers crossed - desperate for a pint!

:cool:

Lots of local breweries do beer swaps now I believe. Does anyone know if any of them swap as far away as Surrey - specifically the Hogsback Brewery? I was in Waitrose the other day and saw bottles of T.E.A, which I was weaned on as a young 'un. Would love to have a pint or so of it up here.

Any answers much appreciated - and obviously which pubs may have it on if any.

Fingers crossed - desperate for a pint!

:cool:

Great idea but I can't imagine a worse beer! Hogsback T.E.A is shocking. I have been subjected to it on 3 seperate occasions around Twickenham and Kensington over the past couple of months and its terrible :gag:

Get this ... in Kensington I paid £3.50 for a pint of it!!

Great idea but I can't imagine a worse beer! Hogsback T.E.A is shocking. I have been subjected to it on 3 seperate occasions around Twickenham and Kensington over the past couple of months and its terrible :gag:

Get this ... in Kensington I paid £3.50 for a pint of it!!

I have not had it in about a decade, but enjoyed it in Arford, relativley near the brewery. Maybe cos it was one of me first (with Abbot Ale and London Pride) but have always enjoyed it (always meaning not for ten years - so more of a hazy memory).

I have not had it in about a decade, but enjoyed it in Arford, relativley near the brewery. Maybe cos it was one of me first (with Abbot Ale and London Pride) but have always enjoyed it (always meaning not for ten years - so more of a hazy memory).

could be a very different beer then. i'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it now. im only 21 so only have limited drinking experience but been drinking real ale and active camra member for 3 years and i must admit, the pint of T.E.A was poor. perhaps even soured by the fact i had to endure a rugby union match while drinking it :rant:

"TEA Traditional English Ale (ABV 4.2%)

The brewery’s flagship ale is pale brown, with a hoppy and slightly fruity aroma supported by malt in the taste. A well crafted, bittersweet beer with a long dry finish. A classic Best Bitter."

I think it was first brewed in 1992 and won 1st place in the Hants Down Beer festival under 1045g catagory. Has won lots of awards at beer festivals down south (winning Woking in 2003 and 2004). Got a CAMRA Gold in 2000 in best bitter catagory and was a finalist in 2007 Champion Beer of Britain Bottle Beer Catagory. If TimeOut is to be believed it is also the 5th most popular bottled beer in Russia. (yes i have been on the website - I liked the beer - I don't stalk it).

Anyway that all proves nothing - it is the great thing about real ale tht there is so much out there to try annd it caters to different tastes. T.E.A was my first real ale after 3 years in Hull drinking Snake Bite and Black (snakey b for any other Hullumni) and got me into to all the many many others I have had since then. I think it is a single hop variety which probably makes a difference (need a brewer to telll us if this supposition based on nowt is true). I also assume real ale has changed over the last 15 years in that newer brews use different countries hops, different blends, newer equiptment and on and on. Anyway each to therir own (I love Ginger Beer too - thought I would find Little Valley easier to get post Oakwood but sadly not - most people seem not to like it though).

Anyway still no nearer to a pint of TEA so may actually have to visit my family this Xmas and have some then (or buy a bottle - but thats cheating).

I've never had it on draft I have to say...

Ah... if only the happy days were back... I remeber the beer engine pub that used to be just off London Road behind where Waitrose is now... You could request any beer on tap and they generally managed to get it in for you :)