American Self defence expert coming to Sheffield

Just wondered did anyone read the front page of the star this evening (Monday)

it was about an American self defence expert coming to Sheffield to run a course on how to kill your attacker :loopy:

Any one heard of him and how does he know his system kills people, i mean how many attackers has he actually killed:hihi:

It looks like a massive publicity stunt to drum up business.

Would any one seriously part with money just to told 'poke his eyes out' or 'strike the throat' :confused:

LOL I didnt see it but only the Americans would think of somthing like this.

Aren't there enough trained people in Sheffield to run such courses ???

He sounds like a right loon. How to be able to defend yourself is obviously a great thing but killing your attacker?! Sounds like he needs some help!

This sounds like one of those dodgy self defense threads that pops up from time to time.

There was one posted some time back, about a self defense seminar taken by german champion "Helmutt Arseparter"

Take this one with a pinch of salt

This sounds like one of those dodgy self defense threads that pops up from time to time.

There was one posted some time back, about a self defense seminar taken by german champion "Helmutt Arseparter"

Take this one with a pinch of salt

I saw this advertised on the front page of mondays star,

but it does sound like some sort of gimmick.

Interesting thread. When I read the original post I expected a barrage of comments from Sheffield's Martial Arts experts (we all know who they are), but nothing? Strange.

LOL I didnt see it but only the Americans would think of somthing like this.

Aren't there enough trained people in Sheffield to run such courses ???

The americans are experts in mass killings, they have a martial art called carpet bombing.

The americans are experts in mass killings, they have a martial art called carpet bombing.

Chefkiker i can't believe that you've quoted somthing i've posted and not shouted at me; and finally we are agreeing on something :D

Hope no one else reads this. lol

Chefkiker i can't believe that you've quoted somthing i've posted and not shouted at me; and finally we are agreeing on something :D

That cannot be correct , I disagree with you on everything.

You are WRONG!!!! WRONG i tell thee! :rant:

That cannot be correct , I disagree with you on everything.

You are WRONG!!!! WRONG i tell thee! :rant:

P.S You did ask for it :hihi:

Too late i've seen it :hihi:

I recently got invited to a 'self defence seminar' for Leeds uni staff (I teach Judo there too!). £25 for 3 hours.

Not sure which part of this I dislike most:

- Paying so much for 3 hours. That's a lot of wonga for someone! Nothing wrong with making money out of your interests/skills I guess.

- Implying someone can defend themselves after 3 hours 'training'. An introductory seminar is never going to be proper training. No way skills can be learnt well enough in that time.

I'm half tempted to go along out of curiosity.... be interesting to see if they are taking the "hit someone like this" approach or the "look at that bloke across the road, is he targetting you?" approach (if that makes sense!).