Whats the difference between hoodies, balaclavas & burkhas?

Not just potential criminals - there are plenty who are out on licence who have disappeared off the radar.

I wonder if they've managed it by taking to wearing the burkha? :hihi:

I think this is the sign of things to come, the coppers are just experimenting with what uniforms of the future should be like for the security conscious WPCs, anybody seen Robo-cop?:hihi: Burka is just the prototype.....Burkocop!! Edited by tab1

So what this thread should actually have been called is:

'I disagree with women being allowed to wear burkhas in public, does anyone else?'

yeah but hasnt that title been done before? or very close to it

A Burkha is a crime, and is used to oppress women who generally have no choice but to wear it even though they don't want to!

plenty of women do (cos its part of their culture)

there was a bit on sky news this morning about hamas bringing in a law (or similer) that all women (even shop manikins lol) should be covered up and wear a hijab.......but plenty of women are refusing to aswell

good on them

It's not the women, but their control-freak misogynistic husbands and fathers who are sticking up two fingers to society!

It may be some husbands and fathers, but there are also women who wear the burka out of choice. Just like women from any culture - some are controlled by their partners/husbands etc, and some of us (thankfully) aren't. I've worked with quite a few muslim women, not one wears a burka. A couple wear a hijab, but most just dress in modern western clothes like jeans and tops.

Whats the excuse for wearing hoodies in hot weather? Who's forcing them? Probably the same people who decided jeans should be worn so low they are in constant peril of falling off. :shakes: Most of us have made fashion faux pas when we were young, they should grow out of it eventually.

And balaclavas used to be part of young lad's apparel when I was a kid. Usually knitted in grey or khaki by their grans. Not attractive, especially if they had a cold. :gag:

It may be some husbands and fathers, but there are also women who wear the burka out of choice...
And how free is that choice?

I've witnessed an armed robbery, I've seen someone trying to break into my house and i've been punched by a complete stranger for no reason. All three of these were either wearing a hood or a balaclava.

I don't think people are as wary of Burkhas because in this country there isn't a history of people committing crimes while wearing them, unlike the other two.

i think it would be a little hard to climb over a fence and then through your window while wearing one, although there have been a few robberies committed by some one wearing a burkha:hihi:

I do find burkhas unnerving, having spoken to women wearing them. I think it's just that paranoia of not seeing the expression and body language of the person you're talking to. Also, as I'm hard of hearing and need to lip read, so the conversation is normally finalised with a simple 'sorry, I cannot understand you.'

I do find burkhas unnerving, having spoken to women wearing them. I think it's just that paranoia of not seeing the expression and body language of the person you're talking to. Also, as I'm hard of hearing and need to lip read, so the conversation is normally finalised with a simple 'sorry, I cannot understand you.'
How come a hard of hearing paranoid person who admits to easily being unnerved, is the only one who gets to talk to these burka clad women? :o

Do you seek them out or do they target you just for a laugh? What job are you in Sketty24 that you get all the luck?

Edited by tab1

How come a hard of hearing paranoid person who admits to easily being unnerved, is the only one who gets to talk to these burka clad women? :o

Do you seek them out or do they target you just for a laugh? What job are you in Sketty24 that you get all the luck?

I did not say I was a paranoid person. I was merely expressing how we, as humans, are very visual creatures and like to see who we're communicating with.

I did not say I was a paranoid person. I was merely expressing how we, as humans, are very visual creatures and like to see who we're communicating with.
I'm sorry I must have misunderstood this statement of yours, "I think it's just that paranoia of not seeing the expression ......."

So in fact you don't actually get to talk to burka clad women any more than any one of us, but wish to tell us what visual creatures we humans are? Why, thank you for the info.;)

I still think it's totally their own decisions to wear the burka or not, but if they do then it's a clear signal they don't wish to communicate with me.

At the same time any lady who just happens to be sitting opposite me on a bus reading a mag or a book, is a clear signal she doesn't wish to engage in conversation with me, but I don't go complaining about that on an internet forum.

I'm sorry I must have misunderstood this statement of yours, "I think it's just that paranoia of not seeing the expression ......."

So in fact you don't actually get to talk to burka clad women any more than any one of us, but wish to tell us what visual creatures we humans are? Why, thank you for the info.;)

I still think it's totally their own decisions to wear the burka or not, but if they do then it's a clear signal they don't wish to communicate with me.

At the same time any lady who just happens to be sitting opposite me on a bus reading a mag or a book, is a clear signal she doesn't wish to engage in conversation with me, but I don't go complaining about that on an internet forum.

I was working in a shop and was approached with an enquiry, which I couldn't help with due to not being able to lip read. I hardly went looking for burka clad women to converse with.

In the old days the balaclava was a must have for crime. Now I just use a burkha its amazing how much I have got away with wearing it. Its deffo the mask of 2009! Helmet’s, scarf’s and balaclavas are all old school and ring alarm bells on entering the bank or post office! You have to keep up with the ever changing ways!