New Houses in Deepcar

Does anyone know what the plans are for the proposed new housing estate in deepcar - last I heard it was cancelled due to an old coal shaft but there still seems to be some building going on.

Where abouts is this? I live in Deepcar, haven't seen any new building works..

I live in Deepcar too, never heard of anything about new houses

Have you people who havn't heard about this been under a rock for the past few years?? on the old wastground near the old station, they have been clearing the site for the last 6 months too!

When i'm down that neck of the woods, i'm usually in the lowoods, not hunting for new builds...

It's about time they got that neck of the woods built up again. It was nice down there when i was a kid. Houses, shops, park and station. oh! and Lowoods where i use to get pop and crisps outside bought for me.

Was part of a project initially led by George Wimpeys but they had problems with the access from Manchester Road as the old guy in the farm would not sell. However he has passed away so the access is available.

Think Wimpeys dropped out when the housing market collapsed. Not sure if this is right but think Bloor were looking at the project but there was a lot of people against this as Deepcar was said not to have the infrastructure for the volume of houses they were looking at.

Might be getting confused with the Dransfield project in the centre of Stocksbridge but I think its along the right lines.

They have extended Deepcar on the hills in the last 40 years and knocked down the area around Station Road which use to have lots of terrace houses and works down there.

There was something on the council website with scans of letters of objection and images of proposed housing, think there was a problem with contaminated land too

you would have thought if you lived in Deepcar you would have heard about a possible 400 new homes.http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/headlines/Plans-for-400-new-homes.4929108.jp

:)

Edited by quicken