Sharrow shambles

It's sad enough for the "Sharrow community" to stick big signs up on the buildings along London Road proclaiming how proud they are of the area - a clear indication that it is very much a non-area area desperate to regain some of the cool it may have once had, but there's a glaring spelling mistake. "Sharrow loves it's trees" or maybe "Sharrow loves it's streets", can't remember precisely but it made me wince and quite embarrassed to live here still. F off then I hear you all cry ....
There is a spelling mistake, it should say Highfield loves its streets. What is thiescommunity thing that keeps on banging about an area a mile up Sharrow Lane?
Perhaps the people who put up the signs really are proud of the area in which they live - good luck to them, regardless of their education! Perhaps you aren't as happy in the community you live in, but why laugh at people who are?
It's great they love Sharrow but could they not put the signs up in Sharrow instead? No, the spelling mistake should not be overlooked, they should have proof read their posters. One sentence and bang one syntax error; nice.

Hardly the most important aspect of the debate. Actually it should be saddos but it's neither here or there is it?

It was a joke, only a small one admittedly, but well-intentioned.

I then wondered about the spelling of the plural but thought I'd let someone else look it up. They did, thank you, so I've learnt that today if nowt else.

I've always wondered what the bit of London Rd near town is correctly called. Sometimes Highfield, sometimes Sharrow. Often neither. Maybe one side is Sharrow, the other Highfield.

It was a joke, only a small one admittedly, but well-intentioned.

I then wondered about the spelling of the plural but thought I'd let someone else look it up. They did, thank you, so I've learnt that today if nowt else.

I've always wondered what the bit of London Rd near town is correctly called. Sometimes Highfield, sometimes Sharrow. Often neither. Maybe one side is Sharrow, the other Highfield.

Fair enough

Why is it vain to try to generate a bit of community spirit Jim?

Your comment about Shallow Sharrow for Saddo's shows a sarcasm and cynicism that any community could well do without. Are you one of these saddos, or do you consider yourself a cut above them (vanity perchance??)

None, neither, nowt!

I was just bored on a long boring night shift.

If it offends that much, then accept my apologies.

At the end of the day though, its only a sign!

jim