Guy wandering round town in shorts with a radio

Oh yeh!! i rmember him!! scarey. He used to wander round the markey stalss asking to help... My god is he still going?

Oh yeh!! i rmember him!! scarey. He used to wander round the markey stalss asking to help... My god is he still going?

Why is he scary?! There's plenty of people to be scared of in the world, but I'd think he wasn't one of them.

The guy your talking about is known as Martin, he's part of the sort of folk-law of Sheffield and has been around the markets and surrounding areas for many of years. As you have put it in earlier threads he's not quite a full shilling (allthough I could have though of better ways of putting it maybe not that i'm a PC brigade member myself).

But anyway, he's not a danger to anybody and turns up every day at the crack of dawn to help around the markets, whatever odd jobs are flying around he's usually the one doing them, whether it be lugging boxes down to the bins or fetching stock in from the vans, either way he cracks on with the job at hand for a bit of shrapnel to line his pockets. I couldn't tell you why he is as he is however everybody who speaks of him speaks highly of him and says that he's harmless and handy to have around the place.

When he's made his hard earned coinage, Martin can be found in Ladbrokes near the markets placing all of his hard earned cash on a few gee-gee's, sometimes it can be a laugh to watch because he can get a bit irate at times if they lose, this explains the radio, he's usually got racing on the radio, or football on saturdays or whatever other important sporting event at the time. On a saturday afternoon he walks around and the stall holders usually ask him what the scores are on the radio etc.

Either way, sounds a decent bloke and is a part of sheffield history lol, he might not look the part but no matter what you can't knock the fella he's completely harmless!

Figure of speech me saying he is scarey. Why do people pick up ont he slightest thing here in this forum...

Because a "figure of speech" to one person is not a "figure of speech" to another. Longandpink.

If you point at a trendy looking fella and say "that man's sick", somebody may call an ambulance.

not seen this guy but theres a bloke wonders round the busy roads near crystal peaks and beighton!!

The bloke is harmless, I can vouch for that, although I usually see him in his Referee's kit. The last Grand National was funny, he was in the Ladbrokes and it seems to have a bit of a West Indian contingent in there. They were cheering on their horses and he was imitating them with his own, eg

West Indian bloke "Go on man get over dem fences a bumberclart"

Martin "Yeah bumberclart"

Maybe you had to be there, it was obvious he wasn't mocking them but they were confused as to whether he was not quite with it or taking the **** out of them.

If he gets up at a crack of dawn and helps out as others say, then fair play to him. More than many people half his age, indeed ones who do retain full capacity of their brain too.

See him all the time, never causes any bother. Like the black lady who sings, she did a prayer with me other day!:D

See him all the time, never causes any bother. Like the black lady who sings, she did a prayer with me other day!:D

he's fine, and happy, you see him round there all the time. the singing woman is fantastic. i sometimes even slow down to walk behind her, she's so happy it brightens up a rainy day at the market :)

not seen this guy but theres a bloke wonders round the busy roads near crystal peaks and beighton!!

Yeh the same guy ran across the road in front of my car on the 60mph road between the Aston roundabout and the Fence roundabout near the layby where lorries are usually parked. He's got blond hair and usually carries a holdall. He's normally walking really slow minding his own business. Wonder what made him run in to the road today :confused:

Sorry about that, I hadn't clocked the roof sign!!! Been having a bad day!!!

Sorry about that, I hadn't clocked the roof sign!!! Been having a bad day!!!

Didn't know you'd been to the hairdressers. Must nip round and have a look at your blond locks :hihi: