Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

I got a 'ticket' from the Parking Eye in Hillsborough, the other day. We were at the little restaurant over the road. They sent their first letter yesterday.

First time I got caught was at a supermarket in Huddersfield. I paid up, like a fool, because I'd never heard of them before and thought they were legit. After doing some research, I've realised that they are practically illegal sums of money that they are demanding.

I'm going to quite enjoy receiving letters from them over the next few months!

I receive letters on a regular basis from parking companies threatening me with court action if i dont pay their worthless invoices. In a few weeks you will receive the standard letter from "Graham Whites solicitors saying their client has instructed them to commence court proceedings against you :hihi:.

---------- Post added 02-07-2013 at 22:20 ----------

I got one behind farmfoods I didn't park just picked my partner up and 2 weeks later a ticket and it went straight into bin

I had one from that car park last week , although to be fair i deliberately didnt pay and parked in there all day knowing full well there is nothing they can do about it. Needless to say it went in the bin along with the other junk mail that arrived day.

• 2 months later...
does anybody know who owns this carpark at hillsborough , if its owned by any shops or business we could all boycott them and get them to kick the parking eye firm out . unfortunately i don't know how to find out who is the owner

Just dont pay their scam invoices , its as simple as that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven3383

I got one behind farmfoods I didn't park just picked my partner up and 2 weeks later a ticket and it went straight into bin

I had one from that car park last week , although to be fair i deliberately didnt pay and parked in there all day knowing full well there is nothing they can do about it. Needless to say it went in the bin along with the other junk mail that arrived day.

haha I deliberately park in that restricted bit past farmfoods at least once a week, it must be driving them mad knowing I'm taking the **** out of them :)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

cheers mate but i thought data protection would stop the dvla giving out names and addresses or do they also just do it for money,ithought only the police could get this info from dvla.anybody out there know the law about this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penistone999

cheers mate but i thought data protection would stop the dvla giving out names and addresses or do they also just do it for money,ithought only the police could get this info from dvla.anybody out there know the law about this

S35 (2) DPA - Data protection doesn't apply for data requested for the purposes of legal proceedings whether taken or considered.

haha I deliberately park in that restricted bit past farmfoods at least once a week, it must be driving them mad knowing I'm taking the **** out of them :)

I do it all the time in there and in staples down the moor , have done for years . Only problem is they keep sending me junk mail .:hihi:

---------- Post added 14-09-2013 at 15:27 ----------

S35 (2) DPA - Data protection doesn't apply for data requested for the purposes of legal proceedings whether taken or considered.

Do the parking cowboys have to pay the DVLA every time they request a keepers details. ?

I do it all the time in there and in staples down the moor , have done for years . Only problem is they keep sending me junk mail .:hihi:

Do the parking cowboys have to pay the DVLA every time they request a keepers details. ?

Yes. Currently £2.50

Was only on this thread earlier and ive just had a call from my mum who has had an invoice from these jokers in the post this morning for overstaying by 20 mins on monday in this very car park. She was planning on paying ,but thank god she called and told me and ive now saved her the £85 they were demanding. She is disabled ,had her blue badge in place ,but ive explained to her these con artists dont give a hoot.

I laughed when she told me because she said she had received a FINE . But she now knows its worthless and a scam .

isn't. if theres an open window or door and they walk in theres nothing the police can do, it's a civil dispute. the homeowner then has to go to court to get them evicted, it's a stupid law but thats this country for you i guess

Bope, you are wrong there, There was a law enacted in Sept 2012 to make squatting a criminal offence - see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19429936

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 10:19 ----------

Yes, I understand it's typically £2.50. Although major "customers" may have bulk discount arrangements.