Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

Your details have been passed to a debt collection agency, Cyclones Beer Grabbers, if you do not give me beer now (and I agree, lager is not acceptable) then even more terrible things than previously threatened will happen! Note the red ink. If you give me beer within 7 days then I will accept a smaller quantity than will otherwise herein and forthwith be acceptable.

Ha!! Nice one.

Your details have been passed to a debt collection agency, Cyclones Beer Grabbers, if you do not give me beer now (and I agree, lager is not acceptable) then even more terrible things than previously threatened will happen! Note the red ink. If you give me beer within 7 days then I will accept a smaller quantity than will otherwise herein and forthwith be acceptable.

But I have now changed the colour of the ink in your letter. This is because Cyclone Beer Grabbers are just a debt collection agency pretending to be bailiffs!

Your case of none payment of beer debt has been referred to my office, if you do not settle the debt immediately we will file papers in Cyclone's court and this may result in a CCJ (Cyclone's Court Judgement) against you. This will severely harm your future ability to buy beer on credit and will probably ruin your life. Plus, if you have a puppy, we will kick it.

PS - Do not alter the colour of this letter, if you do we will seek to add damages for wilfully changing the colour of correspondence addressed to you but not owned by you. All electrons used in the transmission of this threat official correspondence remain the property of Cyclone's Solicitors.

Your case of none payment of beer debt has been referred to my office, if you do not settle the debt immediately we will file papers in Cyclone's court and this may result in a CCJ (Cyclone's Court Judgement) against you. This will severely harm your future ability to buy beer on credit and will probably ruin your life. Plus, if you have a puppy, we will kick it.

PS - Do not alter the colour of this letter, if you do we will seek to add damages for wilfully changing the colour of correspondence addressed to you but not owned by you. All electrons used in the transmission of this threat official correspondence remain the property of Cyclone's Solicitors.

You must think I am as green as I am cabbage looking.

It said on the original ticket it was an offence to remove the ticket. So I didn't.

Otherwise I refer you to my original answer. Consult Arkell v. Pressdram

Whoa there, Cyclone's. You missed a step. What happened to 'Notice of intent to provide notice of court summonses'? You barely sound like a PPC solicitor at all! It's no wonder WalkleyDave is running rings around you if you can't even write a letter that imitates official court documentation.

Plus I insist on your inclusion of a scrappy photocopy of an unrelated judgement. WalkleyDave has argued his case - he's clearly on the hook and you are missing a prime opportunity to get an unwise disclosure from him.

I too had a ticket from parking eye in Hillsborough.my legal advise was ignore it as it wasn't enforcible.I got the usual threatening letters from "bailiffs"and the like but threw them in the bin.that was 12 months ago.not heard anything since.

....I got the usual threatening letters from "bailiffs"and the like but threw them in the bin.....

Make sure you know the difference between bailiffs and debt enforcement agencies and that some operate in both areas.

A bailiff operates on behalf of a court.

For you to get a visit from a bailiff over a speculative invoice issued by a private parking company, they would have to take you to court (extremely unlikely); win(even more unlikely) and then you not pay within 28 days: (a whole squadron of farmyard animals fly past!)

Is this still the case with parking eye? Got a invoice fr

Is this still the case with parking eye? Got a invoice from

One in Worksop this week. Overstayed by 8 minutes.

Is this still the case with parking eye? Got a invoice from

One in Worksop this week. Overstayed by 8 minutes.

If it's not issued by the town council then just ignore it and all the threats etc henceforth unless issued by the court (unlikely)

Ignore. Ignore everything - they will say as registered keeper you have to name the driver. Do it if you like and tell the registered keeper to ignore all their literature. BUT save it.....do not throw any letters away that mention legal action.

They will not go to court. They will send carefully designed letters including some (gasp horror) in scary red ink. It is all bluff.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

In England and Wales the Protection of Freedoms Act has introduced some changes that might affect your decision whether to simply ignore a PPC ticket.

These changes apply only to parking companies that are also members of the BPA AOS scheme, and are principally:

The PPC may "invite" (not demand, nor require) the RK to provide the details of the driver at the time of the alleged transgression.

If the RK doesn't do so, or their invitation is ignored, the PPC is entitled to pursue the RK for whatever charge they are lawfully entitled to from the driver. If the RK does give the name of the driver, the PPC must solely pursue the driver.

Therefore as long as the PPC goes through the correct process, relying solely on the argument that "I was not the driver" won't help you. However that is the only change, and if the decision is to ignore then it simply means that the RK ignores rather than the driver.

There is an independent "appeals" process, operated by Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA). The grounds on which POPLA will consider an appeal look to be narrow and until the first appeals are heard we don't know the stance it will take.

However the appeal costs you nothing and costs the PPC £27+ VAT, so we would recommend that everyone who is so inclined appeals. The best grounds seem to be:

"The parking charge (ticket) exceeds the relevant amount" (if the charge is not valid it should be zero), and;

"I am not liable for the parking charge" (if the charge is an unlawful penalty, or the PPC has no interest in the land to offer a contract, etc there will be no liability)

Even if you lose at POPLA, it's not binding on you and the PPC would still have to go to court if they wanted to pursue their claim. Note that you will have to exhaust the PPC's own so-called "appeals" process before POPLA will consider an appeal to them.

You should be aware that the Protection of Freedoms Act doesn't affect the legal position regarding enforceability of these tickets in any way.