New Indian restaurant- Dosanj at west one

Oh bless you, thanks ever so much for having a look for me, that's really kind of you!!

Oh dear... another one bites the dust , bit of a pattern here... perhaps we are jinxing them :suspect:

Thanks anyway for your help

It has all the classic signs of being abandoned and looks like the business has gone under. I might be wrong but I don't think so.

Hope this helps.

What a shame. I had hoped that the owners would realise that the business model was unsustainable and start serving up south indian food at reasonable prices. Their business acumen seems to be have been as limited as their ability to run a kitchen properly.

I hope it hasn't closed as I thought it was really, really nice and I liked the way they set out their menu.

As an aside, I find it odd that many people on this forum treat Indian restaurants like football teams and seem to feel that if you like one you can't like another

Just had a quick look at their website.

http://dosanj.com/

Menu looks interesting but their prices seem a bit on the high side.

Their masala dosaa would have to be pretty exceptional to justify a price of £11.50! (I think I paid £3.95 in East&West). The same goes for their idl (£13.50! I could buy 13 packets of Gits Idli mix and make it myself for that!).

Having said that, I'll probably visit Dosanj at some time. (As long as someone else is paying!) :)

You can't comper east and west to a place like dosanj first off all it's in middle of town not abbydale road the rent and rates will be 10 times more then east and west also what dosanj spent on just there bar east and west probaly spent on the whole restaurant it's like compering BMW to a rover you pay for the quality not just the food but the quality of the restaurant it's self.

You can't comper east and west to a place like dosanj first off all it's in middle of town not abbydale road the rent and rates will be 10 times more then east and west also what dosanj spent on just there bar east and west probaly spent on the whole restaurant iit's like compering BMW to a rover you pay for the quality not just the food but the quality of the restaurant it's self.

Even harder comparing somewhere closed to somewhere open!

Even harder comparing somewhere closed to somewhere open!

It closed because they couldn't afford the rent and rates food was nice there the place was classy to Martin dows gave them a 5 star review I liked it personally if they was on abbydale road or anywhere els I think they would have done well you comper the prices of an Indian in town to one on the outskirts there is a big difference

Sheffield seems to be saturated with Indian restaurants... a bit off topic but I love Cafe Guru, but that seems quiet every time we go - hope they don't end up the same as this place!

Sheffield seems to be saturated with Indian restaurants... a bit off topic but I love Cafe Guru, but that seems quiet every time we go - hope they don't end up the same as this place!

That's a good place too they got 1 in Leeds it's very busy I think it's already changed hands ( not sure) but the staff are still there might be a rumor it's not as bad in Sheffield you go Leicester or Manchester there's one on every courner in the next 5 years alot will shut down tho few already have or on sale the problem is if they are not busy they sell the business so cheap someone els or a few partners just buy it and keep it going in the hope they can pull a wage out rather then profit most of them are happy to be self-employed instead of taking the stik from someone els.