Recommendations for finding a job?

Right so I am no longer a scrounging student and need to get myself a job. There must be other people who have found or are looking for work just out of uni. Where is the best place to look in Sheffield? I am after IT/Network support work but not 1st line telephone support (as the stupid people would drive me insane! :D ).

I have tried all of the websites jobserve, job centre, cw jobs etc and found a few good jobs but there must be more. Does anyone know if the local agencies (the ones with offices in town) have these sort of jobs as they mainly seem to offer general office work and the odd telephone support job? This is why I have so far concentrated my search online

Thanks for any response!

Thanks for the sites, I have them on my list but forgot to include them above. I think I am going about it in the right way but I also have the feeling there is probably a site that I haven't seen that has my ideal job on it! That maybe wishful thinking though!

Very little work like that in Sheffield and if you have only just graduated you will be at the bottom of the list I am afraid. You either move to London to get some experience or lower your expectations.

It's also easier to get a job once you have a job, if you are not prepared to do first / second line support then you may just end up working in MacDonald's. Good luck finding a job you want but if Ladbrokes gave odds, I would bet against you!

Other agencies which I guess you will have tried are spring and tech and also check reeds web page.

Thanks for the confidence boost ;) but I guess you are just trying to be realistic! The only 4 people I know who have been looking for the same sort of jobs as me over the past few years have all managed to find something they are happy with. They have all started from the same position too.

I already have 15 months experience from a placement doing the sort of work I am looking for. It may be classed as first line support but it involved mainly hands on troubleshooting, installations, hardware support etc and very little actual telephone support. Calls were logged and then I would respond and fix the problem either over the phone, remotely or with a site visit (Is this 1st line support, as I thought that was just telephone?). On placement this paid 11k and I am only looking for 17k+ now which I think is achievable.

I haven't come to the forum in desperation just trying to make sure I am covering all the bases and aren't missing out on any jobs.

Originally posted by Cyclone

like I said, we are hiring. We have 1st and 2nd line support positions available at sites around Rotherham. I'm not sure if the graduate pay is that high, it used ot be higher, but I think we lowered it.

Thanks, I have had a look at the website and will draft an email later. It does say the graduate posts will be based elsewhere but then also mention they are flexible so I will see if I get a response. Thanks again!