Swine flu in Sheffield - latest developments?

Just heard a GP being interviewed on Radio 2. He's one of the few still actively testing for the Swine flu strain.

He said that 90% of people who thought they'd got Swine flu, and were tested for it, had, you guessed it, not got it.

Extrapolate that across the helplines, website, whatever, and I think that paints a picture.

The victims of Swine flu, in terms of sheer numbers, are greatly overstated. The rest almost certainly have got a flu like illness. But, it's just common-or-garden flu.

Paracetamol, fluids, common sense.

call me stupid but if 90% had not got swine flu which means 10% had and 30 people have dies from it then the death rate must be much higher than first thought if you know what i mean:huh:

anyway, i am into day four with my cold/flu/swineflu or whatever it is and i still feel crap but think i may have turned a corner with it..... lets hope so:)

My bold

Really? And can they survive without water for the same length of time? Or do you think the people who run the water (and sewage) systems are somehow immune from swine flu and will carry on working?

I'm sure essential workers would still work. People think the world would end if everyone stayed at home for three weeks, I assure you it will not. However I can not be so sure about the Ah1n1 pandemic . The A in Ah1n1 means its avian. B means its human.

I'm sure essential workers would still work. People think the world would end if everyone stayed at home for three weeks, I assure you it will not. However I can not be so sure about the Ah1n1 pandemic . The A in Ah1n1 means its avian. B means its human.
my bold

That's terribly reassuring, are you also sure that the essential workers wouldn't get swine flu themselves? And what if one of the essential workers had swine flu, but didn't realise, and then came into contact with somebody who'd stayed at home for 3 weeks? The whole thing would start all over again.

my bold

That's terribly reassuring, are you also sure that the essential workers wouldn't get swine flu themselves? And what if one of the essential workers had swine flu, but didn't realise, and then came into contact with somebody who'd stayed at home for 3 weeks? The whole thing would start all over again.

Well one way to guarantee essential workers getting it is to all carry on as normal.