Araghhhhh! STUPID IRRESPONSIBLE STAFFY OWNERS!

Im a staffy owner does this apply to us all

Of course not I have several friends with Staffy's or Staffy X's whose dogs are always under control.

It's more about this growing trend of youths prowling the streets with out of control dogs (many of which are either rotties or staffy's). It's not even the dog I was annoyed with it's the owner-firstly for having apotentially aggressive dog offlead in the street and secondly for kicking the poor dog for not listening!!

God If I kicked mine everytime she didn't listen I'd be locked up by now! Dog's get disctracted. I'm starting to question whether all dog's should be kept on a lead unless in a in enclosed area. This is not the fist time it's happened-we have been lucky (in the way she didn't get bitten) a couple of times with off lead aggressive dogs.

I alpologise if it caused any offence to any Staffy owner's but the post was cleary not intended for you when you read it. I prehaps should have put more thought into the title....but it came out of sheer anger at the time!

Edited by Emma_5207

I find the "scum" with staffies amusing lol not all staffy owners are idiots tho , im on about the ones that put the leather and brass harness on the poor dog and watch it struggle to walk with the weight of the cheap looking accessory, why do they think its "hard" to walk round with an aggressive , bad behaved dog? surely if they were "hard" they wouldnt need a dog? lol. As ive said before ive got a rotty, i had 3 at one point, i have never made them nasty or acted "hard" with them, they are family pets and treat like babies lol

Hold on:rant: ,hold on :rant:so it makes me scum because i use a leather harness , staffies are strong dogs and love to pull you along lol the leather harness is there for comfort not posing or to cause discomfort .:rant:

Edited by goldenbabe1966

oi am i staffy owner and i got a leather harness i have to put them in a harness thay to powerfull and most collers dont fit my dogs my dogs are to stocky for collers, thay is no need to say were scum if we have staffys on a harness......

we had abit of a todo in clumber park last weekend with a group of people with a couple of staffies, i'd got my dog Roxy (7month springer spaniel soft as owt) already on the lead, due to it being quite busy, soon as they clocked us they came straight over, i didnt like the way they charged over it wasnt in a friendly bouncey way & i was right to be unsure as they both went for her!:( luckly she jumped around that much they didnt get her & my other half picked her up! I was shocked by the unresponsive attitude of the owners, i wasnt happy at all, they tried to blame me in saying they'd been here hours & nothing had happened before! the most i got out of them was 'Soz luv' I was gobsmacked!

I'm not knocking all staffy owners, my uncle has 3 & there as soft as brushes but the few, well seems to be more than a few now, that give them a bad name shouldnt even be allowed to have dogs!

I cannot but help and wonder if it had been any other breed of dog would this have been posted????

Yes groups of youths are favouring staffs however i believe this is more to do with the media portraying them. Im under no illussion is poodles or westies were portrayed in the way some other breeds are portrayed they would become the cool thing to own!!!!!

hang on a minute i have a staffy x myself but i dint get offended by this persons post so why is everybody else

although to be fair the title should read stupid dog owners lol

although to be fair the title should read stupid dog owners lol

And then we can all be offended :hihi:

I do not understand why there is a differance between lambing season as dog should not be worrying the sheep at any time of year.

Because sheep have a tendency to abort at the drop of a hat, so special care is required at lambing season. The rest of the year, at best the sheep get a workout, or at worst worried and even killed.

Not all dogs would worry a sheep, as in attacking it, but many would happily chase and 'play' with one. A pregnant ewe doesn't know the difference.

But you're right, dogs should be under proper control at all times anyway, and preferably that means on a lead, whether thats attached to a collar or a harness.

Edited by ASPGuru
Added a bit

I'm afraid I'm going to have to defend the group being hung drawn and quartered in this thread

I was walking past Woodhouse station a couple of weeks ago with Brude (off his lead as usual) when we spotted a group of teenagers with a rott and a staffy coming in the opposite direction. Whilst I was deliberating whether leaving Brude off his lead so that he could escape any rush one of the dogs may make on him (I've fostered staffies, and for whatever reason they've all gone for Brude at some point :rolleyes: ), the lads had their two dogs whipped onto leads before I'd reached a conclusion :)

I snapped Brude onto his, and we all walked past each other in a civilised fashion (well except for Brude willing the Rott to look at him coz he has a soft spot for those, though he knows he isn't allowed to even think about approaching without permission :P )

well then this person can not win then if youd all be offended

Staffys do have a rebellious streak in them, as does ours.

Not only does our staffy refuse to wear his Sheff Utd Football kit (he sometimes wears the t-shirt, but impossible to get him to wear shorts) or his baseball cap, he also poos in the most strangest of places.

I don think this is the fault of the dog, not the owner.

Ok so a staffies head is the same size as its neck? collars arent suitable? well ive got rotties and there necks are bigger than there heads! my rottie takes a 32" collar and if well trained the collar works fine!.

Also wearing a harness helps the staffy pull you along??? im sorry i thought a well trained dog didnt pull on the lead? a harness was made for working breeds to pull loads along, so the dog can get its shoulders to do the work not its neck/head.

And may i add when i was young we had a staffy as a family pet and he wore a collar fine. Im not tarring all staffy owners with the same brush, ive said b4 scum can make any breed nasty, im on about the scum when ya go to the vets and they leave there staffy sat in ya way while ya trying to pass with ya rotty, and one idiot even said " no ya cant eat the rotty" as if??? my dog is a family pet not a weapon or something to act hard with, none of my dogs have ever had a fight or hurt anyone elses dog because im a responsible owner! I like Staffies there sweet dogs when the right ppl have them, but dont put brass and leather harness's on them it just looks chavvy! lol