The Big Wheel on Fargate

but you are easily impressed. You think a midget dressed as Elvis doing a tap dance in Roxy's is impressive.

I was impressed - I met the managing director of "Date a Nice Polish Girl" up there - charming bloke by the name of Stanislaw. Seems he's short of customers!

Took a day out in Sheffield with my OH and little 'un last week around Sheffield, I used to work in the centre a couple of years ago and it's really changed! Much of it for the better. It's actually beginning to look like an up and coming city now, though I still think there are way too many tall buildings being built that are trying to look too 'cutting edge'!

Also went on the wheel and really enjoyed it, £6.50 isn't too bad - could be worse. I found the commentary amusing and you still get a good view from up there. Unfortunately that does also include a lot of grey old rooftops and fire escapes!! I'd say it's definitely something you have to do at least once though...

What annoyed me was the ridiculously priced photo's afterwards, £10 for a set. I'm certainly not paying rip off prices for that. What I'd like to know is how they dispose of the unwanted pic's though, and surely it's a big environmental issue to be producing these pictures before even knowing if they are wanted! What a waste of paper...

I got to take a free ride on the Wheel last week and was pleasantly surprised. Like others have said, it went a bit too fast to take in the sites properly, but the views are fantastic and it was basically a lot better than I thought it would be. I heard they had 20,000 visitors in one week! So at least it's bringing in people to the city centre, even if the ticket price seems a bit high.

I went on this today and I must say it was amazing - the Sheffield Council Sheffield Promotion speel by Big John of Hallam FM is very impressive - its very cheap at £6.50 and you get TWO REVOLUTIONS - you can even buy a very cheap picture of yourself afterwards for the trifling sun of 10 pounds which very impressively puts your mug on a few postcards... I must go again ..