Thousands were raped & beaten in Ireland's Catholic run reform schools

The British government is covering up for 110,000 paedophiles.

1. The British government is not Atheist.

2. The British government seeks out, prosecutes & imprisons paedophiles. It forbids sex offenders from working with children, living near schools, hanging round playgrounds...

In contrast the Catholic Church employed paedophiles in children's homes for decades whilst hiding their crimes from the Irish state.

How can you compare what the British state does to paedophiles to the services the Catholic church performed for them?

As I rightly say ALL sex outside of marriage, chose who does it is wrong.

You seem to disagree and I think that is reprehensible. You need to condemn it totally in my opinion and anyone who does condemn it cannot be faulted.

Your continued equation of consensual sex between adults to raping children just boggles the mind.

You seem to disagree and I think that is reprehensible. You need to condemn it totally in my opinion and anyone who does condemn it cannot be faulted.

Who was the christ's mother, who was his father, and who was the christ's mother married to?

Never mind holy trinity; that was a holy menage a trois!

The British government is shielding these 110,000 paedophiles. You need to condemn them out of hand instead of making excuses.

Could you kindly point out any excuses I have made. No, I thought not.

The British government is shielding these 110,000 paedophiles. You need to condemn them out of hand instead of making excuses.

Which authorities are you claiming the British government (which you are most dishonestly pretending to be Atheist) shields paedophiles from?

Your efforts to equate the government as complicit in paedophilia here is nothing more than a nauseatingly hypocritical attempt to exonerate the leaders of the Catholic Church. You seem to think being a Christian gives you the right to look down on others, and yet here you are, trying to find a way to make the systematic abuse of children at the hands of a Christian institution seem like it's not a serious matter.

You have repeatedly claimed in various threads that Christians have a moral compsass which the rest of us lack. Where's you morality in not offering a single word of condolence for the victims? Where are your so called 'Christian values' in not offering one word of condemnation or outrage for the perpetrators of these vile acts or the Catholic hierarchy which turned a blind eye and did it's best to cover up for them, and is still fighting tooth and nail to ensure they avoid justice.

Edited by donkey

Which authorities are you claiming the British government (which you are most dishonestly pretending to be Atheist) shields paedophiles from?

The British government is the authority that is protecting and shielding known and convicted paedophiles. Put that in your pipe and smoke it and stop defending paedophiles.

The British government is the authority that is protecting and shielding known and convicted paedophiles. Put that in your pipe and smoke it and stop defending paedophiles.

Can you actually back up your insane accusations. Who has defended pedophiles on this thread?

At what point in the evolutionary process did this requirement suddenly come along, and why didn't your god bother mentioning it to folk for the previous few million years?

At what point in the evolutionary process did this requirement suddenly come along, and why didn't your god bother mentioning it to folk for the previous few million years?

As a christian he's unlikely to believe in evolution and more likely to swing towards intelligent design. According to his beliefs the Earth is only a few thousand years old and the bible was the way god dictated said rules. I don't think christians consider anything before Adam and Eve.

Though it does make you wonder who created everything pre 2000 odd years ago. Perhaps god didn't care then.

I would like to ask Grahame one question relating to this post:

I object to all sex outside of marriage particularly paedophilia no matter who does it. It is all wrong.

Would paedophilia be alright if the paedophile married the child Grahame? Would god endorse such a wedding? I believe he did with Mohammed, I know, it's christianity 2.0 but if it was fine for old Mo then surely it's fine for any other that believes in the big G.

It is just my point of view. If sex took place within the framework of legal marriage, then there could be no paedophilia.

The Bible confirms sex within marriage also. :)

It is just my point of view. If sex took place within the framework of legal marriage, then there could be no paedophilia.

The Bible confirms sex within marriage also. :)

That hardly addresses my question. That is merely religious doctrine, and one particular religion at that.

Would you like another try?

The British government is the authority that is protecting and shielding known and convicted paedophiles.

Protecting them from what? Also why are you ignoring the fact that the British government is not Atheist?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it and stop defending paedophiles.

That is an outrageous accusation which I demand you either substantiate or withdraw and apologise for.