Thousands were raped & beaten in Ireland's Catholic run reform schools

Yeah because my wife and I having sex before we were married is just the same as old men raping defenceless children :roll:

What the Catholics did is disgusting. As is any rapist, child-abuser, paedophile.

What the Catholics did is disgusting. As is any rapist, child-abuser, paedophile.

And raping children is equivalent to consensual sex between adults how exactly?

And raping children is equivalent to consensual sex between adults how exactly?

That is not what I said.

That is not what I said.

You said:

They bring the whole of the church into disrepute and I am disgusted the same as everyone, as I am with all sex outside of marriage.

That sure sounds like you are equating the raping of children with consensual sex between unmarried adults.

You said:

That sure sounds like you are equating the raping of children with consensual sex between unmarried adults.

I am disgusted with the whole darn thing including you comparing adult sex with the raping of children, you sad person.

I am disgusted with the whole darn thing including you comparing adult sex with the raping of children, you sad person.

Liar, you know very well I did no such thing. What I did do is object to you equating the raping of children with sex "all sex outside of marriage" as you did in this post:

They bring the whole of the church into disrepute and I am disgusted the same as everyone, as I am with all sex outside of marriage.

Liar, you know very well I did no such thing. What I did do is object to you equating the raping of children with sex "all sex outside of marriage" as you did in this post:

I object to all sex outside of marriage particularly paedophilia no matter who does it. It is all wrong.

This whole sorry episode is the best advert possible for banning all religion.

Its just a pity theres no chance of that ever happening.

I object to all sex outside of marriage particularly paedophilia no matter who does it. It is all wrong.

So you do equate the two. That you could even think about mentioning consensual sex between unmarried adults in your first post in a thread about the endemic rape and torture of thousands of children for decades just shows how warped your sensibilities are.

Your sickening equation of raping children and consensual sex between adults aside and back to this 'bring the whole of the church into disrepute' thing. Covering up and enabling paedophiles went right through the hierarchy to the top of the church. Do you concede that these acts were committed by Christians or are you claiming that there are no Christians in the hierarchy of Catholic church? If they aren't christians then what are they?

So can you still not see that you are comparing the two?

It would appear the the light of the white side has blinded you once again!

Yet the Atheists in the dark have their eyes wide open!

This whole sorry episode is the best advert possible for banning all religion.

Its just a pity theres no chance of that ever happening.

There are lots of atheist paedophiles in the community.

"This whole sorry episode is the best advert possible for banning all atheists.

Its just a pity there's no chance of that ever happening."

So you do equate the two. That you could even think about mentioning consensual sex between unmarried adults in your first post in a thread about the endemic rape and torture of thousands of children for decades just shows how warped your sensibilities are.

Your sickening equation of raping children and consensual sex between adults aside and back to this 'bring the whole of the church into disrepute' thing. Covering up and enabling paedophiles went right through the hierarchy to the top of the church. Do you concede that these acts were committed by Christians or are you claiming that there are no Christians in the hierarchy of Catholic church? If they aren't christians then what are they?

Oh, don't you know - Grahame is the only true Christian on the planet?