Why wont anyone employ me?

Avoid the depression of walking into a job centre by clicking here

My advice is to write using better English. If you use "im" in place of " I am" or "I'm" then, regardless of how clever you might be in person, you will put off employers. In that one short post there are at least 15 errors out of 39 words. Clearly a forum is a place where some people are relaxed about their English but you shouldn't make this many mistakes if you might want someone who reads your post to offer you a job.

I can't believe it, I've just clicked on the Sheffield Jobfinder link and their website comes up with Sheffield spelt wrong!!! SHEFFILED

i have to admit its hard finding a job at a young age!

p.s my chemical romance are rite good you have good taste of music.

Originally posted by KenH

My advice is to write using better English. If you use "im" in place of " I am" or "I'm" then, regardless of how clever you might be in person, you will put off employers. In that one short post there are at least 15 errors out of 39 words. Clearly a forum is a place where some people are relaxed about their English but you shouldn't make this many mistakes if you might want someone who reads your post to offer you a job.

PLEASE ! - "Your advice" - More like your kick when some one is down - This is a 17 year old posting a question on a website. If silly old fools like you spent a little more time encouraging, (rather than acting like the overly pedantic, error counting, fool that you appear to be), I am sure fewer young people in this world would go astray.

You can count my mistakes if you like but were really not interested - go and play with your Barbie instead or go and get excited over some trains at Sheffield Station!

All I can say Cazzie that I wish you the best of luck in finding employment. If it does not come straight away, then do not get downhearted. Ignore people that try to put you down, they should be congratulating you for wanting to find work.

The post by KenH was not 'kicking her when she's down' it was constructive criticism in my opinion.

As was said, it is normal for people on a forum such as this to be more relaxed about their written English but if one is trying to get a job then a large number of grammatical errors is not going to impress anyone.

Cazzie asked for help - and that's exactly what KenH was trying to do.

First impressions count for a geat deal in the search for work and this could be Cazzie's opportunity to make a first impression, let's help her get it right eh? :thumbsup:

Hels - OK so spelling and grammar are important in creating that first impression, that I accept. I am sure you agree that delivery and attitude are equally important, if not more so, in work as well as in life in general.

I felt that Ken was being harsh on someone who is at least trying and showing some initiative. A persons spelling and grammar could be first class - if they delivery it like I feel Ken did or with the wrong attitude, then that is all that people are going to see.

Anyway, enough with all the negative stuff, I don't come on here to make enemies.

Caz - I hope your taking it all in and that it help you in you quest!

this entire thread is probably a waste of our collective time as the OP has only made that single post, there's no evidence he's been back to see what our responses have been...

sorry - appear to be wrong about that, so ignore me.

Davididreal, I wasn't attempting to kick someone when they were down. I was trying to point out that being so careless when you are asking for a job is a bad idea. The title of the post is "why won't anyone employ me?". This is a question so I answerred it. The fact is that I have interviewed and employed a considerable number of people over the years and anyone who wrote an introduction with English like that demonstrated by the poster wouldn't get an interview.

There are a number of similar attribiutes that also seriously affect whether someone gets and interview but, in this PC world of ours, we aren't supposed to care about them. For example, we aren't supposed to care if someone comes for an interview with a ring through their nose yet most employers are likely to be middle class white males and so they will care. If asked a question such as "SHOULD having a ring through your nose affect whether you get a job?" - I would say NO. IF you ask me "WILL it affect whether you get a job?" - then YES. This is the same for poor English (and this example was very, very poor,) where you might say "don't kick him/her while they are down" but the fact is it will seriously affect their chances of getting a job.

actually i have a job NER NER NER NER

IM alot more greater than you deserve AND IM FEMALE YOU MOOSE

get out of my face NOW

:clap:

Good_to_hear_you_got_a_job_cazzie_:thumbsup:

What_are_you_doing?

(space_bar_broken)_:rolleyes: