tennis left

rounders left or right

bowling left

golf right

cricket batting right

throwing left

picking up dog poo right (mysteriously)

kick left

I don't think it matters which way you eat your food with a knife and fork, in the same way as it matters, say, writing or using a spoon. You still use both hands to do an equal amount of work. The knife hand might need more strength (in cutting), but the fork hand needs more dexterity (stabbing and aiming for the mouth).

An interesting video on why lefties need different left-handed scissors:

I use Knife and fork right handed, but spoon and fork left handed.

I use right handed scissors (lefty ones weren't available when i was at school).

I'm left-handed but eat right-handed, possibly because that's how the cutlery was set when I was little.

Im right handed but left footed, work that 1 out lol :hihi:

I'm right handed but my right arm doesn't work any more, so even though I want to reach for things with my right hand I just end up fouling it up with my left. There are a few things I haven't mastered in the whole 10 years since it went, like plucking my eyebrows, writing, cleaning my teeth, paring vegetables and putting on mascara.

I've almost completely stopped handwriting anything- I can squeeze out a signature or maybe a line before my hand stops playing ball, but I just can't make anything legible with my left hand, even after 10 years of trying.

To put mascara on I hold the brush in my right hand and then hold my right wrist in my left hand and use my left arm to hold my right arm steady enough to put the mascara on. I've tried putting the mascara on left-handed but that just results in poking myself in the eye and it's really not a pretty look.

I use the same technique with teeth cleaning (electric toothbrush) and plucking my eyebrows, at least when I'm too broke to just pay someone else to do it! I have learned to like vegetables with their skin on- it's less hazardous than trying to let my wrong hand loose with a sharp knife.

My OH is a leftie, for everything other than writing, which he was taught to do right handed after he cut his left hand very severely during learning to write.

But, I play guitar right-handed and (used to) drum right-handed (on a right-handed kit). I eat as per you 'ordinary' folk but hold my pint in my left hand.

As for ambidextrous, it's true: I can play darts with each hand and be equally as crap with my right as with my left hand!

wow. That is exactly the same as me. It took me years to decide that I was better at darts with my left hand, but it didn't matter because I'm just **** at it.

but left handedness is definitely a club. Once I was sat at a table with four other people, and one of us mentioned that they were left handed.

someone else said 'hey I am too!'.

then another one, 'me as well!'

and then the other two said that they were as well. We all of us just spontaneously cheered.

left handers are roughly 11-12% of humanity (it doesn't seem to matter where in the world it is, the incidence of it seems the same).

the odds of 5 people sitting at one table all being left handed is around 10,000-1.

the usual way as in restaurants ie right-handed, fork on left knife on right

You see, I'd class that way (the 'normal' way...which is the way I hold my knife and fork) as more suited to left handers, because if you were to only use the fork, most right handers would swap and hold it with their right hand, whereas we would still use our left.

Lefty haha but also use cutlery right handed :\

You see, I'd class that way (the 'normal' way...which is the way I hold my knife and fork) as more suited to left handers, because if you were to only use the fork, most right handers would swap and hold it with their right hand, whereas we would still use our left.

I hold my dessert spoon in my left hand though