Woman who walks around Fargate singing & preaching?

Next thing you know the Jews will be going on about their God and then the catholics, and next thing you know we will have all sorts of Gods involved. Why can't we just have one god, that's what I would like to know? And why can't he be a white ethnic-British god who likes footie, keeping vicious dogs, and eats lard?

By definition there can only be one God, stop talking nonsense.

You do realise that Muslims believe in the same god that Christians and Jews do don't you?

I only wish that were true.

By definition there can only be one God, stop talking nonsense.

grahame, that is a non sequitur, surely? it contradicts itself.

Altus says Muslims, Christians and Jews believe in the one god (as I have continually asserted in our 'discussions')

you then say, "It's not true" by definition there can only be the one. You cannot have it both ways.

Altus is correct. As I have said previously, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, Ishmael, Moses, David, Jesus and Mohammed, (peace be upon them all) is the same God, the monotheistic God, and is common to all three major faith systems.

grahame, that is a non sequitur, surely? it contradicts itself.

Altus says Muslims, Christians and Jews believe in the one god (as I have continually asserted in our 'discussions')

you then say, "It's not true" by definition there can only be the one. You cannot have it both ways.

Altus is correct. As I have said previously, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, Ishmael, Moses, David, Jesus and Mohammed, (peace be upon them all) is the same God, the monotheistic God, and is common to all three major faith systems.

Jehovah is not Allah, and neither are the two religions the same. You are under a misapprehension.

Jehovah is not Allah, and neither are the two religions the same. You are under a misapprehension.

As farmboy said, the arguments are going to be come circular. Suffice it to say, you are the one under the misapprehension, grahame.

Might be able to clear that one up. Allah is a title, much like Lord, but Jehovah is the God's personal name. Psalm 83 verse 18, since you asked! Hope this helps.

Might be able to clear that one up. Allah is a title, much like Lord, but Jehovah is the God's personal name. Psalm 83 verse 18, since you asked! Hope this helps.

I don't disagree with you about Jehovah being God's personal name as Jehovah is God.

I'm not sure if Muslims will agree with what you say about Allah?