Sheffield / Yorkshire Insults

OK, so I've found a thread relating to great insults, but I have a friend from London who visits regularly and she's getting quite upset she doesn't understand any of our insults.

She was called a mardy cow by someone the other week and still has no idea what it means (my explanation was "mardy's well, you know, mardy, isn't it?) and I called her a numpty the other day jokingly and she had to ask me what that meant too.

I've been racking my brains to think of other Yorkshire specific insults, and even tried Googling (google IS your friend, but not in this instance, it appears) but was just wondering if anyone else can think of some, as I think it would make her day! :D

OK, so I've found a thread relating to great insults, but I have a friend from London who visits regularly and she's getting quite upset she doesn't understand any of our insults.

She was called a mardy cow by someone the other week and still has no idea what it means (my explanation was "mardy's well, you know, mardy, isn't it?) and I called her a numpty the other day jokingly and she had to ask me what that meant too.

I've been racking my brains to think of other Yorkshire specific insults, and even tried Googling (google IS your friend, but not in this instance, it appears) but was just wondering if anyone else can think of some, as I think it would make her day! :D

you could tell her to Chuff off!!

or even better ... Chuff off ya dozy bleeder!! ( thats what my 82 yr old nan says)

Is Barmpot a Yorkshire insult?

Or how about 'Belt up'?

Shandy-drinking southerners?

I'm pretty much sure Barmpot must be a Northern thing. Not sure if its specifically Yorkshire, but you try saying it in a southern accent :D