Insignificant things that annoy you

Those charity collectors with the clipboards on the High Street, who expect you to give up your lunch break to talk to them and then give your bank details to set up a standing order right there and then. They also don't really grasp the meaning of that word "no". Very annoying indeed.

it annoys me when people spout **** constantly like when my partners boss fills him with false hope about a possible promotion then makes him redundant!!!!!

it annoys me when people spout **** constantly like when my partners boss fills him with false hope about a possible promotion then makes him redundant!!!!!

That's not very "insignificant"...is it?

People that talk over you mid conversation or interrupt is a very annoying.

Grammatical and spelling errors -- OK, so I'm a pedant (see that thread)

But I'm sorry for Lady Jayne, who has been stationary in a nearby store for six months.

If "he gave the book to Jim and I", then if Jim stayed home "he gave the book to I"?

Or should it be "he gave the book to WE"? (OK, that's normal Black Country dialect).

Consider the difference between "She likes you better than me" (insert "she does" between THAN and ME), and "She likes you better than I (like you)"

Why be sloppy with language?

I was going to say nothing (life's perfect), but I agree with ol' JFish, not necessarily grammatical in the instances shown, but where they say something, but obviously don't realise what they'd just said. Especially when they come back saying they didn't say what they obviously did. It happens a lot on SF.

People that talk over you mid conversation or interrupt is a very annoying.

:o i think i can be guilty of this sometimes (mostly when tippsy though) :hihi:

Grammatical and spelling errors -- OK, so I'm a pedant (see that thread)

But I'm sorry for Lady Jayne, who has been stationary in a nearby store for six months.

If "he gave the book to Jim and I", then if Jim stayed home "he gave the book to I"?

Or should it be "he gave the book to WE"? (OK, that's normal Black Country dialect).

Consider the difference between "She likes you better than me" (insert "she does" between THAN and ME), and "She likes you better than I (like you)"

Why be sloppy with language?

If you take into consideration that you are ranting about grammer and spelling, I find it ironic that it took me 3 attempts to understand your post.

Everything rant rant rant

My new pet hate is waxonwaxoff with her oh so cheery smile, it, grrr, it makes me smile... Also the fact that YOU HAVEN'T SPONSORED HER YET!

I get really annoyed when I am working for someone, typing up dictations and they don't think about what they are going to say, just repeat the same phrase however many times (have counted 15 before) while they are trying to figure it out. JUST STOP, THINK AND THEN SPEAK - NOT SO HARD IS IT.

Also, next door annoy me as they have started chucking their empty mucky Carling cans and cigarettes into our garden!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

People that don't get all the creases out when making the bed.

People who are always complaining about how difficult it is or how much money they don't have. Get a life-Get a job.

People that moan, but fail to do anything proactive to sort out the problem in hand yet then continue to moan.