£8 For a beetle found in rice!!

I Found a beetle in my rice, purchased from Tesco. They sent it off to be tested or whatever they do with it and Then this morning I got a letter saying sorry and a £8 voucher!!!! Im so insulted! I'd rather have just got a sorry than £8, I mean its not even £10!!!!! Its like leaving a 1p tip, so insulting, Im sure if i'd sent it off to Enviromental health they'd be in more trouble than having to give £8! What are you thoughts? Should I just be happy with the £8?

did the letter say summat along the lines of: 'we examined it at our lab and couldn't find anything. We're not saying you didn't see anything, but we couldn't find anything. As a gesture of goodwill, here's a voucher'.

did the letter say summat along the lines of: 'we examined it at our lab and couldn't find anything. We're not saying you didn't see anything, but we couldn't find anything. As a gesture of goodwill, here's a voucher'.

No they said that they always ensure to try and avoid insects but sorry that one has slipped through so to speak, I wonder if they would chew on a beetle for £8?

I Found a beetle in my rice, purchased from Tesco. They sent it off to be tested or whatever they do with it and Then this morning I got a letter saying sorry and a £8 voucher!!!! Im so insulted! I'd rather have just got a sorry than £8, I mean its not even £10!!!!! Its like leaving a 1p tip, so insulting, Im sure if i'd sent it off to Enviromental health they'd be in more trouble than having to give £8! What are you thoughts? Should I just be happy with the £8?

And good at maths too, well done:thumbsup:

No they said that they always ensure to try and avoid insects but sorry that one has slipped through so to speak, I wonder if they would chew on a beetle for £8?

The reason i ask is because we bought a bag of salad from Safeway years ago and found a bug in it! The mrs phoned them and they sent a package for us to send it to them, and that was the reply we got.

In hindsight we should've phoned trading standards.