Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

They say you can take the man out of Parson Cross but you cant take Parson Cross out of the man.

I live in a relatively posh area now but I still pop out at nights to nick wheel trims off cars and I`m regularly to be seen hanging around the local petrol station yelling abuse at passing cars then running like hell if they stop.

I know what you mean.....I 've own the local hub cap concession round 'ere!

Hey i've had some fun at the back of Buchanan shops. Chaucer school's fighting ground that was. Fighting after school, then about 9 ish on an evening a courting area. If the back of them shops could talk, wow it'll have a few whoopers to tell.

Now all fenced off with a green metal fence and a sweet smell of urine thrown in just to doubly keep you away.

I must admit I don't know the name of the hairdressers, has never used it, thats a ladies thing. But do remember the barber Steve. He was there for many years and his shop always full, never understand why he selled up such a good business when he did. So the cross never left you, i don't believe that for one minute.

The cross is now a very run-down area. Most houses on Buchanan are now down and the shops are a disgrace, but talks of re-development soon. A Asda, or were you are WallMart near chaucer school to go up. Wallmart have already started recruitment for security guards, they estimate that they'll need around 100.

Forgive my humour.

Used to do my courting at back of that ladies hairdressers. Does anyone remember the name? I'll post the question on a new thread in a minute, see if anyone knows...

I hear most of the houses on Buchanan are gone. I lived on the top of Adlington, and hear most of those are still standing...

Yup, its WalMart over here. The store has an anti Union stance, that I dont like very much, but you cant argue with the prices!

'Coorse t'Cross never left me! I'm a t'Cross Lass thru and thru. I can chew bubble gum in one side of mi mouth and hold a fag int' other to this day!

xx

Used to do my courting at back of that ladies hairdressers. Does anyone remember the name? I'll post the question on a new thread in a minute, see if anyone knows...

I hear most of the houses on Buchanan are gone. I lived on the top of Adlington, and hear most of those are still standing...

Yup, its WalMart over here. The store has an anti Union stance, that I dont like very much, but you cant argue with the prices!

'Coorse t'Cross never left me! I'm a t'Cross Lass thru and thru. I can chew bubble gum in one side of mi mouth and hold a fag int' other to this day!

xx

No wonder you can't remember the hairdressers name, it sounds like you had something else on your mind at the time, tut tut. You are Parson Cross, through and through.

Has said earlier, forgive my humour.

You're forgiven!

WhenI left Yewlands in 1984, they gave us all a pram with our GCSE's, or so the story goes! Actually I got 9, and all A's or B's too. Honest!

Fooled around a lot at school, but got me head down and worked when it counted.

My mam heard about my bf and me and our little trysts, and came and caught me one evening, but I'm sure you dont want to hear about that....

Edited by bernette

You're forgiven!

WhenI left Yewlands in 1984, they gave us all a pram with our GCSE's, or so the story goes! Actually I got 9, and all A's or B's too. Honest!

Fooled around a lot at school, but got me head down and worked when it counted.

My mam heard about my bf and me and our little trysts, and came and caught me one evening, ( wi mi knickers in mi hand), but I'm sure you dont want to hear about that....

Too much information :(

Hey i've had some fun at the back of Buchanan shops. Chaucer school's fighting ground that was. Fighting after school, then about 9 ish on an evening a courting area. If the back of them shops could talk, wow it'll have a few whoopers to tell.

Now all fenced off with a green metal fence and a sweet smell of urine thrown in just to doubly keep you away.

i've seen the fencing,,bloody killjoys,, we had some great fun at back of buchannon shops,,we used to get on the roof of shoppers paradise,, and just hang out,, next to the thresher was the kingdom hall for jehovas witnesses,, we was on the roof looking through the window and they saw us,, they was going mad,, so we scarpered,, we slid down the roof near chinese,it was about a 12 foot drop,everyone jumped off,i did and nearly broke my bloody ankle,,they chased us all round lytton estate, then police turned up, we was all sh***ing ourselves,,we did not get caught,,,,good times :hihi::hihi: