Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

---------------------

Hiya Jad, Yes it is a change but it kept the forum ongoing,?

I remember a machine on the wall and was it for bubbly gum.

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 19:08 ----------

-------------------------

Thank for that Sheila and spot on info, and the earlier ono some way

back on thread about Mrs Campbell, yes that was her name and

our Norma was friends with her daughter.

Hope you ok and Terry/ Anne too. Brian.

Ok pal no offence intended , i never needed a machine on the wall when the sullivans had the shop as there kid used to pass out spice thru the air brick to the celler,but dont tell any one.

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 17:29 ----------

Can vaguely remember that Jad279,see if I can find anything out.

Nice one ,its just something that has stuck in my mind for years.

Were is John Taffinder I used to knock about with him

---------- Post added 06-12-2013 at 18:30 ----------

ho what happened to the reunion

When we all left Grimesthorpe I moved into the new flats on Lopham St,Stanleys went to Earldom Drive don't know about Woodliffes I thought they went to Firth Park.Terry and Ann went to Earldom Close.Val Stanley and Ann were sisters.It was later that Stanleys moved up Fox St area into the upside down houses we were best mates.

The Woodliffes moved to Horninglow road just down from the Pickhards and as for the back to back houses there are two clear pictures in the stars retro pages tonight 7/12/2013 !

Were is John Taffinder I used to knock about with him

---------- Post added 06-12-2013 at 18:30 ----------

ho what happened to the reunion

Was John Taf Steve's big brother

stooter yes he was

Was John Taf Steve's big brother

He He

Thanks for that, long time ago and I was 12 when I left Grimethorpe, couldn't remember Steve's brother but now I seem to recollect he had a sister.

Remember one long hot Summer when me Steve and Dirt ( Tony Martin )used to play cards and smoke in the broken greenhouse in their big garden/field on Grimesthorpe Rd. What was his sisters name. I'm sure his Mum used to work at Sutherland Rd swimming baths and Steve Gawthorpes mum too, am I remembering correctly it's exactly half a century ago. It'd be great to see Steve again

Shooter

shooter dirt(tony martin)joined the police he now lives in France Steve and John had a sister ive forgotten her name I can remember being there house on Cyclops st when she started throwing knives and forks at them happy days ah

He He

Thanks for that, long time ago and I was 12 when I left Grimethorpe, couldn't remember Steve's brother but now I seem to recollect he had a sister.

Remember one long hot Summer when me Steve and Dirt ( Tony Martin )used to play cards and smoke in the broken greenhouse in their big garden/field on Grimesthorpe Rd. What was his sisters name. I'm sure his Mum used to work at Sutherland Rd swimming baths and Steve Gawthorpes mum too, am I remembering correctly it's exactly half a century ago. It'd be great to see Steve again

Shooter

Hiya Shooter, I used to see Steve Gawthorpe, he was the manager at TJ Hughes, old Walshes building, but since they have moved down the Moor I haven't seen him.

The picture is for others to look at, not just you on grimesthorpe

thread. :hihi::hihi:

From Chambers Lane through to Huntingdons paper shop (later Collins swapshop) were all back to back houses, excluding Williams house.

shooter did you live on Cyclops st tony martin lived on Cyclops st before they moved to Grimesthorp rd and lived with there grane

shooter did you live on Cyclops st tony martin lived on Cyclops st before they moved to Grimesthorp rd and lived with there grane

No He He I lived on Margate Drive next to the YEB transformer building with mom dad and young brother

We moved to Wisewood when I was twelve, this was when they demolished the prefabs on Margate Drive

Here are a couple of, slightly out of focus, photos I snapped in opposite directions around 1990 showing steelworks buildings at the junction of Adsetts Street and Carlisle Street East during demolishion. The majority of both photos show Adsetts Street.

I remember the buildings well as I lived on that street from birth in 1943 to 1958.

Does anyone else remember them?

Peter.

IMG_3402_zps3ee5b825.jpg

IMG_3401_zps7c36be22.jpg

Edited by PeterR