Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

for the last time all the houses on Cyclops St had back doors Marples back door was at the top of the entry on the left hand side Wards and Taffinders lived in the houses that the Stanles Woodcliffes lived in Wards in 34 and Taffinders in 40

for the last time all the houses on Cyclops St had back doors Marples back door was at the top of the entry on the left hand side Wards and Taffinders lived in the houses that the Stanles Woodcliffes lived in Wards in 34 and Taffinders in 40

Hi HEHE,we're talking about when Terry Marples move to Grimesthorpe Rd from Cyclops st when he got married he moved just round the corner from the shop.

hello Sheila Roy Nevell lived on Grimesthorpe Rd and they had back doors and Wirsnips did as well I thought Terry moved to some were near you the Stanleys and Woodcliffes lived near rock st take care

When we travel to my daughters house in Lancashire we pass through Halifax where there are loads of back to back houses which are still occupied and are not classed as slums. These houses home two families, one occupying the front of the house and another in the back of the house they are completely separate to each other, they each have their own door on their own side of the house and hang out their washing across the road.These houses are mostly 3 storey houses and either have a tiny garden or a door that opens directly on to the road.

---------------

Hello CeeBeeBee, Thanks for that info this as been on going for some time now.

I started this up again because not understaning what back to back houses

were all about, thanks for your reading it was very interesting.

Very shortly i will put picture of the house on thread so i hope this will help

others and clear things up. Cheers. Brian. :thumbsup:

It is with deep regret another relation passed away recently roy higgins well known for keeping greyhounds formely clevedon st aged 82. R I P

Edited by pigeon
error

------------------

All this talk you've mentioned that cyclops st houses arn't back to

back, i bet you dont what they are or what they look like.

I'll send a picture on thread. :|

---------------------------------------

PS, The woodcliffes lived at 32, Mr&Mrs Allen's old house thats Normas

parents.

hello Sheila Roy Nevell lived on Grimesthorpe Rd and they had back doors and Wirsnips did as well I thought Terry moved to some were near you the Stanleys and Woodcliffes lived near rock st take care

When we all left Grimesthorpe I moved into the new flats on Lopham St,Stanleys went to Earldom Drive don't know about Woodliffes I thought they went to Firth Park.Terry and Ann went to Earldom Close.Val Stanley and Ann were sisters.It was later that Stanleys moved up Fox St area into the upside down houses we were best mates.

you don't have to send me a picture I now what they look like

It is with deep regret another relation passed away recently roy higgins well known for keeping greyhounds formely clevedon st aged 82. R I P

Was Roy from your nan's side of the family?

He He you say the Taffinders lived on Cyclops St, when I knew Steve T he lived with his Mum in the big house which backed onto Grimesthorpe Rd at the top of Smiths' field, they had a big Alsatian which I think was called Sheba, anyone remember ? Is Steve Taffinder still around

Shooter

you don't have to send me a picture I now what they look like

The picture is for others to look at, not just you on grimesthorpe

thread. :hihi::hihi:

He He you say the Taffinders lived on Cyclops St, when I knew Steve T he lived with his Mum in the big house which backed onto Grimesthorpe Rd at the top of Smiths' field, they had a big Alsatian which I think was called Sheba, anyone remember ? Is Steve Taffinder still around

Shooter

Hi Shooter, Steve's still around, he now lives at Southey.