Anyone recommend a digital camera

AaronD

Hi,

I'm after some advice on buying a digital camera. Does anyone have any preferences on where to buy or what make and model?

My price range is probably £100 - £150 and it needs to have a good battery life span. I could stretch to £200 if it was fantastic but the first time i use it will probably be at the glastonbury festival so a decent waterproof (mudproof?) carry case is a must.

At the moment i'm looking at getting a Cannon IXUS 40 as a friend has one but i thought i'd ask on here and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers

Aaron

If you are going to use it for events like glastonbury, a model that takes real batteries will probablly be useful :thumbsup: I'm the only person I've met witha digital camera who doesn't keep getting a flat battery putting te kybosh on recording a whole event :D

The Cannon A30 I bought is no longer available, but I think it's been superceded by an A75 or A80

Try Jessops website for a good comparison facility.

Originally posted by Strix

If you are going to use it for events like glastonbury, a model that takes real batteries will probablly be useful :thumbsup: I'm the only person I've met witha digital camera who doesn't keep getting a flat battery putting te kybosh on recording a whole event :D

The Cannon A30 I bought is no longer available, but I think it's been superceded by an A75 or A80

Try Jessops website for a good comparison facility.

I think Canon are now upto A95,but the A80 is still thought to be the best of the range,it still appears at Comet,the last one I saw was at Parkgate about 3 months ago for £159.

If you mean AA batteries I agree,they are easily reachargeable or can be bought almost any where if you are stuck.

if you want to get really confused :-

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21767

I've recently bought the Canon A95 (was £198 but seen it for £188 now) and it's excellent. The reason I wanted this model was because of the rotating screen. If you're always taking shots of yourself (family / friend shots with you in the picture etc) the screen rotates so you can see what you're taking, rather than taking pictures of your elbow or top of the head etc. Also uses AA batteries which is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

We've reviewed several, canon, nikon, sony, olympus, etc.

We really liked the Samsung A and V series. The A5 in perticular takes two standard AA alkaline or rechargeable bateries which lasted for over 100 shots over a period of 7 days on holiday.

It was quick to take a picture and provided good pictures even at full zoom (which is 3x optical and 2X digital the A5).

You can get it online at a variety of retailers, or at our outlet in hillsborough.

Peter Hopton

Very PC

Archived