Sign in to follow this  

Driving test tomorrow in Buxton...

.. I'm so bloody worried! I really hope I pass this time ( 3rd attempt)

Anyone with any tips or drive regulary in Buxton?

Just don't panic if you make a mistake - the way you react will tell the instrutor a lot about you.

Good luck :wave:

well im a firm believer that the examinors have a 'quota' of the amount of people that are 'allowed' to pass each day. And sometimes I think that the examinor more or less knows as soon as they see you wether they are going to pass you or not (not literally but sort fo)

I passed on my 3rd attempt.

1st attempt) failed fair and square.

2nd attempt) Drove the perfect drive, yet still failed

3rd attempt) Drove the worst ive ever drove, then was shocked when she said ive passed.

Originally posted by spyro2000

well im a firm believer that the examinors have a 'quota' of the amount of people that are 'allowed' to pass each day. And sometimes I think that the examinor more or less knows as soon as they see you wether they are going to pass you or not (not literally but sort fo)

I passed on my 3rd attempt.

1st attempt) failed fair and square.

2nd attempt) Drove the perfect drive, yet still failed

3rd attempt) Drove the worst ive ever drove, then was shocked when she said ive passed.

That's worrying me

Originally posted by spyro2000

well im a firm believer that the examinors have a 'quota' of the amount of people that are 'allowed' to pass each day.

How many times have we heard this before.. Whether you pass or fail depends on YOU!

What proof do we have that these examiners have a 'quota' :confused:

BTW Sony, Good luck tomorrow, 3rd time lucky!

good luck, i 2 passed on my 3rd test.

1st - failed... went wide round corner

2nd - failed let car roll back

(was a bag of nerves both times)

3rd - didn't care, had no worries.... passed!

Just don't worry, remember what your doing, plan what is happening infront of you. Concentrate! All you need to know!

good luck

You can't help but worry! My turn in the road is different in my car that it was in my instructors! I have a golf, he had a corsa. So my manoeuvres aren't as smooth as they were in the corsa. God I'm streeeeeessssssin!!!!!!!!!

Ignore the views on Quotas etc. and just drive.

You can do it! :thumbsup:

If you are good enough you will pass!

Originally posted by Deejay

How many times have we heard this before.. Whether you pass or fail depends on YOU!

What proof do we have that these examiners have a 'quota' :confused:

BTW Sony, Good luck tomorrow, 3rd time lucky!

I dont have any proof, its just my opinion. Sorry if put you off a bit sony. I just read my post and it did sound a quite bad.

Although I do think there is some kind of quota, you still have to rive to the best of your ability and im sure if you dont give the examinor any reason to fail you then u will pass no matter what. I do think you need to have an element of luck though as with most things, and it does depend a small bit upon the examinor themself. Some examinors are known for passing people quite a lot while others are known for being quite harsh.

Just be calm, do your best and see what happens

GOOD LUCK

I asked my driving instructor a couple of months ago about the quota thing, and he said that it was definitely not true.

Just do your best Sony. Try not to get nervous and believe in yourself x x x

GOOD LUCK

Buxton?

As hilly as Sheffield but a lot less traffic, unless you happen to be going near the big supermarket which is on road in from Sheffield.

Off the main roads it's very similar to Sheffield ie cars parked on both sides of road and only room for one car at a time to get through. Means some of the junctions can be a bit tricky as you can't always see all that far in either direction.

And whatever you do don't drive on the pedestrian precinct!

Good luck.