Edale cafe..still open?

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if the cafe next to Edale station is still open? The last time I passed about a year ago it was closed and having major building work done. Maybe it was just a refurb or maybe being converted to a house. Going out there on a walk soon, so need to know to plan a breakfast stop. Thanks.

According to google, it's called the Edale Cottage Cafe, tel no is 01433 670293. I should give them a call.

thanks for that scoobs I'll give em a bell

I was in Edale walking last week and i am sure it is. I'd check though but I am sure it was open.

i hope not, she is horrible the woman who works there...

Yes, now you mention it, I do indeed remember her being a hatchet faced haridan, but the sarnies were great.

You are right a deeply unpleasant person

Don't forget it's possibly someone's mother that you're talking about here :suspect:

I was in there on Saturday. It's been refurbished and is now much classier than its previous incarnation. Seems to be under new, very friendly, management. Can't comment on the food or menu 'cos we only had a cup of tea while waiting for the train. We'd already eaten at the Nag's Head...

... which was, um, below the standard I was expecting.

Edited by Lockjaw
Removed swearword rhyming with kite because the thought police asterisked it out!

Apparantly it's only open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays..no good for our Maundy Thursday walk!

Hi all!

The Penny Pot cafe by the station in Edale has just been taken over by the National Trust from this weekend and is open Wednesday to Sunday all through the Summer months.

Homemade cakes and scones, fresh salads and sandwiches and lots of local produce.

Give it a try!

Abbie x

Edited by abbie07

Nice cakes,scones and salads are all well and good, but do they do a good bacon sarnie and a full English........any idea what time they open?