Contacting a job centre in sheffield?

Anyone have any idea how to contact a job centre in sheffield? I have been ringing my local office for two days and it has never been answered. The number is 2590000. I have looked up the other job centre numbers and they are all the same, must be a central switchboard. I tried ringing the DWP to see if they could help or put me through and they just gave me the same number again.

I guess you could go in in person..

I guess you could go in in person..

Funnily enough i am aware of this, but thank you anyways.

Chances are you'll spend bus fare turning up in person, only to be told to go home and ring the same number. I've known it happen :rolleyes:

Phone the number and ask for a specific job centre. I did that once.

Funnily enough i am aware of this, but thank you anyways.

Sorry, its all I could think of! :)

Phone the number and ask for a specific job centre. I did that once.

No one has answered and i have rang at least thirty times in the last few days. I have even left it ringing for as long as it would allow, no one picks up at all. I shall attempt to go down, but as someone said it is a specific department and i can see them sending me away with the phone number.

They dont make it easy for people, but when you are in there they will try encouraging you to call about any queries and support you need in findiing a job.

Anyone have any idea how to contact a job centre in sheffield? I have been ringing my local office for two days and it has never been answered. The number is 2590000. I have looked up the other job centre numbers and they are all the same, must be a central switchboard. I tried ringing the DWP to see if they could help or put me through and they just gave me the same number again.

With you knowing you can go there in person, and i presume you know you can email them, buy a walkie talkie from argos one with about 3 mile range, you never know if the jobcenter is in range someone there might have a walkie talkie

Try 0845 60 60 234.

Edited by happyhippy

The Sheffield BDC number is: 0845 6001267.

Don't know if you'll have any more luck than the 0114 number tho.

With you knowing you can go there in person, and i presume you know you can email them, buy a walkie talkie from argos one with about 3 mile range, you never know if the jobcenter is in range someone there might have a walkie talkie

Just to add, if not getting through is makin you angry you could try a talkie shoutie

depends what jobcentre and what you want from them really...