Does anyone know any private cake decorating classes in South Sheffield?

Hi everyone!

I'd love to go to a cake decorating/sugarcraft class on an evening but I can't seem to find anything other than the ones run at Sheffield College. I don't really fancy going back into that type of environment as I have only just finished university and I've had enough! I'd like to go to a privately run one which has smaller classes. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks,

Abbie

Oooh, I'd be up for asomething like this too possibly, cost and times permitting of course!

I already do a little but I'm sure I could improve!

Hiya, we do Cupcake parties!

You get to play around with decorating a box of 4 cupcakes to take home while enjoying tea and cakes.

Contact us via the website http://www.fancie.co.uk for more info or to book!

Oh fancie i love your website. :D How much do your classes cost?

There is a shop called Cake Craft just down from Manor Top, they used to run classes, don't know if they still do

Hi Fancie,

It was more the posh sugarcraft things I was looking to learn. I do lots of baking and do fairycakes and things similar to the ones on your website for friends birthdays and weddings and stuff, I just thought it would be nice to extend my repertoir!

I'd like to know how to make the little sugar flowers and fancy sculpted icing so I don't have to always buy them or use sweets etc.

I'll try the one at Manor Top though and see if they can help.

Any other suggestions anyone?

xx

intrested to know if you find anywhere as something I would love to learn more about.

me to, I'd be interested in this and have been looking over the past few days but again it's only sheff college that do the course (that I've been able to find) and it doesn't start until sept.

I basically learned through trial and error out of a book - some good ones knocking about.

Try The Essential Cake Decorating Guide, step by step on all icing techniques and flower making as well as some templates and some good wedding cake recipes.

Its my bible!

I think there is a class in castle college. Not sure if this is in the evening though. My auntie goes during the day though.

Hi again!

I've had a look at the classes at the college but it seems that they start them in September and they only run in the mornings. I work during the day so I can't go to those ones.

Thanks for the tip Vikj - I'll see if I can find a copy.

Abbie x

Hi abbie07, have you looked on youtube? There are loads of videos showing how to do things - might be worth a try!