The new Islam megathread - Part 2

How many sons did God have Grahame? because in "Genesis 6:1-4 says: "When mankind began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of mankind were beautiful and they married any of them they chose. etc etc....."

What's that all about? I thought according to yourself God had just the one son but seems he had loads you didn't even know about ;)

Isn't that passage referring to all Men as 'sons of god'?

Isn't that passage referring to all Men as 'sons of god'?

Not quite, it goes on," So the Lord said, 'My Spirit will not remain in mankind indefinitely, since they are mortal. They will remain for one hundred and twenty more years.' The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown." (Today's New International Version). "

This probably refers to angels coming to earth and taking women as wives. The Hebrew phrase translated "sons of God" occurs only here (Gen 6:2,4) and in Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7. Since the passage speaks of these beings cohabiting with women, they must have taken physical form or possessed the bodies of men. An early Jewish tradition, preserved in 1 Enoch 6-7, elaborates on this angelic revolt and even names the ringleaders. The result of their union is the Nephilim (according to the King James translation, "giants" - see Numbers 13:32). I digress, but with the above I wonder if Grahame agrees? ;) I only picked up on the notion of Son and sons of God refered to but not meaning the begotten son in the Bible, as Grahame insists is the case for Jesus.

Edited by tab1

The two religions are entirely different, so different in fact that there is no way the God of the Bible is the same as Mohammed's God.

PT and Tab1 are into word play and it is like saying Mr Brown the Prime Minister is the same as the Mr Brown who lives in my road. He isn't.

No, by your Skewed logic, what you are saying, then, is that the Christian God the people worship in Africa is different than the Christian God worshipped in Europe.

Abraham was the first prophet to "get" monotheism, and understand the concept of the single God. The God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are one and the same, our three faiths can trace their understanding of God back to Abraham.

No, by your Skewed logic, what you are saying, then, is that the Christian God the people worship in Africa is different than the Christian God worshipped in Europe.

Abraham was the first prophet to "get" monotheism, and understand the concept of the single God. The God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are one and the same, our three faiths can trace their understanding of God back to Abraham.

You have made a statement without giving your reasons or your evidence and if you like I will go into it in greater detail sometime but for now let me say that if anyone is worshipping the promised Messiah i.e. Jesus Christ of the New Testament then they are worshipping the Christian God.

f anyone is worshipping the promised Messiah i.e. Jesus Christ of the New Testament then they are worshipping the Christian God.

The christ (of the bible) is not a god!

What you are actually doing, is contravening one of the 10 (though there are a lot more mentioned in the OT other than the 10 popular ones) commandments in worshiping a false idol!

The christ (of the bible) is not a god!

What you are actually doing, is contravening one of the 10 (though there are a lot more mentioned in the OT other than the 10 popular ones) commandments in worshiping a false idol!

Jesus isn't an idol. (How dare you :)) Even the angles worshipped him. That is the difference between Jesus and Mohammed who was an ordinary man and should not be worshipped.

Have a read of this

http://www.gospelway.com/god/deity-jesus-worship.php

Edited by Grahame

How many sons did God have Grahame? because in "Genesis 6:1-4 says: "When mankind began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of mankind were beautiful and they married any of them they chose. etc etc....."

What's that all about? I thought according to yourself God had just the one son but seems he had loads you didn't even know about ;)

What you need to be aware of is that in the OT the “Nation of Israel” or “Kings” are called 'sons of God' and you need to be aware of this as you read the Bible. They were ordinary human beings if you can call a king "ordinary."

The other thing is there was a pagan tribe called Nephilim who were very strong and the people said they were the sons of angels. (You make your own mind up on that one.) The daughters of men refers to ordinary human women.

I hope this helps, otherwise come back to me.

Edited by Grahame
Wrong spelling of angels.

Jesus isn't an idol. (How dare you :)) Even the angles worshipped him. That is the difference between Jesus and Mohammed who was an ordinary man and should not be worshipped.

Have a read of this

http://www.gospelway.com/god/deity-jesus-worship.php

and how "dare" you, Grahame, Mohammed is not an object of worship, he is a prophet, so please do not insinuate that the Muslim worships him in the way God is meant to be worshipped. The cardinal rule of Islam is that there is no other worthy of worship but God, and it is a sin to ascribe worship to others i that way.

Grahame, who worships Mohammed?

No one, and that is how it should be. :)

and how "dare" you, Grahame, Mohammed is not an object of worship, he is a prophet, so please do not insinuate that the Muslim worships him in the way God is meant to be worshipped. The cardinal rule of Islam is that there is no other worthy of worship but God, and it is a sin to ascribe worship to others i that way.

That is what I said.

No one, and that is how it should be. :)

Yeh...Seems to me you was implying muslims do.

Just to point out to you, Jesus should not be worshipped either. He is a Prophet. Another thing I would like to say....we do worship the same god.