How to claim against the council?

so drive round it! why do you expect all roads to be completely flawless?

no but when there are cars double parked and the only option is to drive down a road in the dark and hit a pot hole which knocks the tyre of the tyre wall and damages the wheel as well as the tyre.

havnt you ever just once driven over a pot hole? or are you the council inspector

how can you possibly hope to claim for any of these things. like the person who wrote off a 250 quid wheel? give over. dodge the effing potholes. you know what sheffield is like, get a grip on yourself...

frankly i'd consider it unlikely that a single wheel and tyre were £250 unless they were jazzy alloys/lo profile tires, and then you must accept that you are running a risk of damage due to reduced impact protection of thinner section tyres.

why is everyone so sure they can get money out of everyone else for every little thing. suck it up! if you dont want to pay for such things, dont drive into holes and kerbs!

my car is a new lexus is 250 with the upgraded wheels, the tyre cost £150ish and the alloy repair was £100

if i were to purchase a new wheel from lexus it would have cost around £400

so you are sueing the double parkers? all the council? or whoever made it night...

ahh yes, the council, as they are a nice attractive body with plenty of money to lose.

'knocks the tyre of (sic) the tyre wall'? well im glad that at least you know what you are talking about....

what a heap of nonsense.

and no im not a council inspector, im just your average joe, who lives in an area where crime seems to have stepped up 200% in the last month, and wishes that there was enough money left in councils, police etc. to help out, rather than to pay muppets who drive into stuff and damage their precious bmw.

Face facts... if your foot is on the loud pedal, it's you that drove into the problem....

gah! it was a lexus, i knew i was close with bmw.

I stand by my comments. you bought 'upgraded' wheels. that means bigger and wider rim size, smaller profile tyres. which in turn means less impact resistance.

fine if the roads are perfect but realistically no roads are totally perfect and by running such wheels you must accept that you have left yourself more liable to damage...

gah! it was a lexus, i knew i was close with bmw.

I stand by my comments. you bought 'upgraded' wheels. that means bigger and wider rim size, smaller profile tyres. which in turn means less impact resistance.

fine if the roads are perfect but realistically no roads are totally perfect and by running such wheels you must accept that you have left yourself more liable to damage...

what a d**k

didnt sheffield recieve millions in a grant purely to sort out the state of the roads,

why should i have to expect that im more liable to damage because i bought upgraded wheels