Slumdog Millionnaire

We went to see this on Sunday. All the hype says what an uplifting and feel good film it is. I didn't find it to be that all. It's a sad story, and I didn't feel uplifted after it.

Saying that, it is a really good film.

We went to see this on Sunday. All the hype says what an uplifting and feel good film it is. I didn't find it to be that all. It's a sad story, and I didn't feel uplifted after it.

Saying that, it is a really good film.

Agree with you, I just wanted to cry for the first half an hour as it was so sad :cry: I did enjoy it though but it is not a happy film and even though the ending was 'nice' it was not uplifting. I'd reccommend it but not if your feeling miserable atall.

Same for me. I think by about the 4th question I was urging him not to answer any more because I didn't think I could cope with the reference to the events in his childhood which were getting more upsetting with each question. That said, brilliant film, fantastic that it got made despite no interest from some studios, and at least you come away counting your blessings.

Is it wrong that i really don't want to see this film at the moment because of all the hype!

i totally agree, it's such a good film but not really a 'feel good film', very dark in places.

i don't know anyone who didn't enjoy it though

You can learn the Jai Ho! (Slumdog Millionaire) dance routine in Sheffield. It's run by Every Dance

Really enjoyed this film, like you say very dark in places but very immersive.

Well worth a watch.

I think the same, its not as amazing as people made out, its good, but not brilliant in my book.