By hook or by crook! Abu to be deported

OH my word!!!! It now seems that us mugs are paying this idiot Abu Qatada Compensation for being held in custordy whilst on the other hand he has been found guilty and is to be deported ??? Just how sodding stupid is the crass government that we voted in ??? This really does beggar belief... Sod human rights !!! let him loose near me and i will save the good tax paying citizens of our country £2500.. One swift blow .... Are we a nation of complete idiots or what ???? :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

What if it was you in Qatada's position? Suppose you'd posted inflammatory extremist opinions online such as advocating the killing of those whose beliefs you disagree with (as...er...you just appear to have done) and you were arrested for "hate crime" or similar. Would you not want to have human rights and legal aid to defend yourself in such circumstances?

Edited by BasilRathbon

It was the European Court that awarded the money, not the British government.
When did we not become a member of the EEC then ?? Just how much do we pay to Brussels each year ? and where does that money come from ?? Tax payers maybe ??

What if it was you in Qatada's position? Suppose you'd posted inflammatory extremist opinions online such as advocating the killing of those whose beliefs you disagree with (ass...er...you just appear to have done) and you were arrested for "hate crime" or similar. Would you not want to have human rights and legal aid to defend yourself in such circumstances?
I would oppose the rights of such people that advocate the mass murder of anyone me included ?? Satisfied ?

When did we not become a member of the EEC then ?? Just how much do we pay to Brussels each year ? and where does that money come from ?? Tax payers maybe ??

No, not the EEC (you mean the EU) but the European Court of Human Rights. They made the decision, not the British Government. It's quite simple really.

I would oppose the rights of such people that advocate the mass murder of anyone me included ?? Satisfied ?

No, I'm not satisfied actually. Just mass murder, or any murder? What number of people is it acceptable to advocate the murder of?

You have to ask yourself mekon...is the penny in your pocket more important than your freedom to express hate and death to others without being tortured and killed for those threats?

I can't help thinking you may be a little bitter due to some bad experience you have had in the past. A legal representative is duty bound to do the best for their client. If you were in the position where you needed help from a solicitor, I suspect you would take a very different view.

Ah, that old chestnut! Work in the legal game, do we?

As I don't break the law, I cannot possibly see where I'd need the services of parasites who gladly defend Abu, Sutcliffe, Niellson, Shipman, the Wests etc. etc.

This post is about people that advocate the killing of you and your children because they do not conform to their ideology and getting an easy life (compared to what they would receive in their native country, neither of the Abu's are born in England) because our laws do not permit corporal punishment anymore for their actions. Put yourselves in the shoes of one of the people that lost loved ones in the twin towers or the london bombings then stick up for human rights.. Did the deceased of any of these atrocities get any human rights from their murderers ??? :loopy:

As I don't break the law, I cannot possibly see where I'd need the services of parasites who gladly defend Abu, Sutcliffe, Niellson, Shipman, the Wests etc. etc.

You can't exactly expect a 'fair trial', if the defendant is not represented by a practitionner.

So, how do you propose to square that round peg?

The issue at hand is fairly simple, and already aptly put by previous posters: we either choose to reject what essentially constitutes an erosion of everybody's human rights and swallow the bitter pill (='Abu stays') that comes with it, or we approve tacitly or expressly the erosion and we forever hold our peace about it, content in the knowledge a bad guy has been sent packing. Until the next one, then rinse, repeat.

Note that if he does go, there's still no certainty he would be put to the sword, the chair or the bamboo sticks, whereby he may still end up preaching his message of hatred from afar (but may be more difficult to keep tabs on). Just a thought...

Edited by L00b

the sooner captain hook is put on a plane to jordan the better-we are paying for a madman who wants us dead:loopy:

the sooner captain hook is put on a plane to jordan the better-we are paying for a madman who wants us dead:loopy:

Do you want him dead? Does that make you as bad as him? Shall we send you to Jordan too?

The area I work in is of no relevance, the fact is that you are jumping to petty minded conclusion without taking all the facts into account, and tarring everyone with the same brush. There could be a place for you in the Third Reich.