T-Rex in Clifton Park (Rotherham) 28th August 1971

Yes,me and my then brand new hubby were there and both remember it well. We also walked home to Sheffield from there.

i've been trying to find some photos or video footage online but i've not been able to find anything :(

i have downloaded some of the tracks recorded live at the gig from itunes!

I remember it it was brill

just foundthis sight

suann - i can't see the link to the web site. can you repost it?

cheers

I went. I very much remember Arthur Brown, he would not sing 'Fire, I beg you to burn' and the crowd just boo'd and boo'd . He told us to F off. Marc Bolan was mmmmm..bit out of it I'd say. Still, we had a great night. Brilliant memories.

The turnout was very poor and whoever promoted it must have been out of pocket.

T Rex was on the way down then I think. Isnt it a fact that if Bolan had lived he would be a forgotten man?

The turnout was very poor and whoever promoted it must have been out of pocket.

T Rex was on the way down then I think. Isnt it a fact that if Bolan had lived he would be a forgotten man?

You are right, it was a very poor turn out. We were given tickets by someone because of the poor sales. I think people left during Bolans performance as he was there in body and nothing else. We still had a great time as we were sixteen.

I went with my wife and our son. I just remember being offended by his swearing. How things change...

I lived on Wharncliffe st just down from Clifton park and went to see what the fuss was all about. I was about 8 and me and my mates enjoyed it. Was it 1969 ish?