Right time to buy?

Lawson

1. Unless prices continue to fall and the value goes below the discounted price you pay.

4. Even with predictions of another 15% still to go in price drops?

the only person "predicting" that is you and the other guys on here, out in the real world prices are rising again now ......................

if i did buy again, i would look at it as a 5 year plan,

The next year the prices will not rise,

And despite figures to the contrary they are not rising at the moment in the real world,

despite any research economist may throw around

Experts can predict what they predict,

me, you, Gordon Brown could make predictions, all different, its all down to luck

plank mate - prices ARE rising ................real world doesnt come much more real that what I`m psoting does it? go read my posts from last month

the only person "predicting" that is you and the other guys on here, out in the real world prices are rising again now ......................

again what is your evidence and why should anyone believe it? I asked several specific questions about this claim and you failed to provide anwsers to any of them - so my conclusion is you are unable to anwser them and so you have no evidence of anything.

And most major news papers.

Last months slight increase has been widely analysed as a small blip, it may even last another month, but no one (except saxondale) has claimed that the bottom of the market has been reached.

1, There are some very desperate sellers out there, and for a number of reasons, willing to take a hit,

therefore its DEFINATELY a buyers market, its a good time to buy

2, always listen to every one's advice, and then do what you were going to do in the first place, !

the people i spoke to were, from banks, accountant, experienced buy to let landlords, no one knew what were going to happen, or is going to happen, from the people in government to my gran,

i were very very lucky, and that's all its down to,

3, I don't know your circumstances, if you're renting and happy, then stay that way, if you're 18 and living at home, paying £10 a week board most certainly stay that way!,

couple of years ago if you liked a house, an offer had to be in straight away or someone would beat you to it,

nowadays look at a place, think about it for a couple of weeks,

4, but...... its very tempting to buy again,

It is tempting but prices are unlikely to be at their lowest level just now. Probably better to sit back and wait at the minute. I also think just now is a slightly worse time to buy than say 3 weeks ago. Sellers sentiment (those who don't HAVE to sell) will have been affected by the Halifax's data and they are probably that little bit less likely to accept a lower bid.