Hillsbrough in the 80s?

does anyone remember penistone rd b4 the road works in the early 80s? lofthouse rd, dutton rd, grant rd, ring any bells?? the area that i grew up in, is all gone now, when the houses were knocked down they used the area for a film called threds? i think? anyone remember this??

Originally posted by sweetdexter

Hey madowl ,I remember Owlerton in the 40s and 50s

b4 my time, i was born in 1970 and hillsbrough has changed so much, where i go swimming and keep fit was my back yard..

Originally posted by madowl

b4 my time, i was born in 1970 and hillsbrough has changed so much, where i go swimming and keep fit was my back yard..

does any one remember the little old shop on penistone rd opposite the crown? the vic, royal, sportsman pubs all on penistone rd, the papershop etc: at the bottom of the park?

I had relatives who used to live right opposite Hillsborough park on the Penistone Road side, though obviously not as close to the Wednesday ground as you were. I think they live on't cross now like you. :)

I can't really remember what was there before the big leisure centre was built.

Originally posted by headup

I had relatives who used to live right opposite Hillsborough park on the Penistone Road side, though obviously not as close to the Wednesday ground as you were. I think they live on't cross now like you. :)

I can't really remember what was there before the big leisure centre was built.

if they lived oppsite the park on penistone rd that would be known to me as the front rd, i grew up on the back rd called loft house my bed room windows looked on to bassets.

I remember them making "Threads" in the Beulah Rd area. Fooled me once, smoke flames, blood, bandages, people staggering around. They were using old derelict streets as a filmset. The old Royal Infirmary was used as well.

Originally posted by RoyalRegular

I was born on Lofthouse Road.....no. 37 to be exact.

i lived at no: 17, best days of mi life, remember sallys sandwich shop? & yvonnes corner shop?

Originally posted by Nimrod

I remember them making "Threads" in the Beulah Rd area. Fooled me once, smoke flames, blood, bandages, people staggering around.

Sounds to me like a typical Saturday night in Hillsborough nowadays!

I used to hang out in Hillsbourough in the 80's and 90's. My friends mum and dad ran a B&B on penistone road next to the Wedsnesday ground.

It's changed alot hasnt it

Cath

I grew up in hillsborough, went to hillsborough school and had lots of friends who lived in those terraces, on grant/lofthouse etc. I grew up in a semi detached house and was always amazed by the housebrick lined pathways along the passages to the backs. I always remember the cricket stumps painted on the wall with white paint. At the wall on the right of the houses, where people walked into bassets