Cow tipping?? Latest Youth Crazy from USA!!

What a complete boad of lollocks! if any of you have ever got up close to a mature bovine you would know that it's virtually impossible to shove them a little way, let alone push them over, and just for good measure they tend to push back :shakes: :shakes: :shakes:

Originally posted by owdlad

What a complete boad of lollocks! if any of you have ever got up close to a mature bovine you would know that it's virtually impossible to shove them a little way, let alone push them over, and just for good measure they tend to push back :shakes: :shakes: :shakes:

I agree,

I think people have got cow tipping confused with Dwarf throwing, which must be easier

Originally posted by t020

I can't believe people are acting like this is a "fun" activity. Tormenting animals and possibly injuring them in the process is not my idea of fun.

You didn't blow frogs up with a straw then as a kid ?

I have been trying to tip a cow over when it is asleep.

(I have done a search and no one has mentioned this on the forum :heyhey: )

Me and my mates are finding them too heavy though.

Could anyone lend me a fork lift truck, just for one night to see what a cow looks like when it has been tipped.

Thank you in advance.

Vicky Naylor

Damo is incorrect re the practice of 'tipping' cows in Barnsley. The term is 'tupping', as in Iago's claim in Shakespeare's Othello, that the moor is 'tupping the white ewe'. In the Hoyland district of 'Black Barnsley', where a blue-eyed man is looked upon with great suspicion, goatish couplings betwixt human and beast are quite common. Indeed, many of the stunted, bandy-legged menfolk find a bovine partner favourable to the local womenfolk. At least, they may reason, a Friesian cow will not say, pre-coitus, "Pull me vest darn when tha's finished, like".

Nick2's reference to 'blowing up frogs with straws' rekindled happy, childhood memories. I, myself, a natural conservative, favoured the 'traditional' straw method. My dear friend Andrew [who now occupies a senior position in South Yorks Police], a restless modernist by nature, introduced me to the bicycle-pump method. Ah, the blue, remembered hills of childhood....