Yorkshire terrier with itchy skin (help) please

Had a similar problem with my Staffie. She even went bald in a few places due to scratching.

It seemed to get a lot better when i brushed her a lot, ie: 2x a day and really brush hard (My dog loved it anyway)

PS....She is still the same to this day. I need to brush her constantly, or else.......

I gave up on the lotions and potions the vet was charging a fortune for for our westie, and found that dettol or similar liquid antiseptic watered down and used as shampoo cured him pretty rapidly :thumbsup:

He did go orange first though! when the dead skin absorbed the antiseptic. The healthy skin didn't, so it was also easy to tell when he was fully cured ;)

Originally posted by Strix

I gave up on the lotions and potions the vet was charging a fortune for for our westie, and found that dettol or similar liquid antiseptic watered down and used as shampoo cured him pretty rapidly :thumbsup:

He did go orange first though! when the dead skin absorbed the antiseptic. The healthy skin didn't, so it was also easy to tell when he was fully cured ;)

Thanks for the tip Strix :clap: I'll try that next Tara goes a bit 'flaky'

Could there be an allergy to something?

One of the cats here at The Towers, Kizzy, gets bad dandruff is she has the slightest contact with fleas. As long as we keep the fleas at bay she's fine, but she has a definite allergy to either flea crap or the biting process itself.

I'd definitely see the vet - if it is to do with fleas or mites then a systemic insecticide will do the job quickly and cleanly.

Joe