Fine for not having seat belt on

your not getting the point, i didnt mind being told i knew i was in the wrong it was the attitude and tone of voice the copper used, he wouldnt talk to his boss like that so what gives him the right???, i dont mind paying fine, its just with all the other worse crimes happing, especially in the area he pulled us, i though he would have just warned me, he could have wrecked my apprenticeship writing fines out for such a trivial thing, all those bums hanging on street corners, he wouldnt wreck their careers because they dont want a career, i contribute to society and deserve respect back.:rant::hihi:

Stating the obvious. Wear your seatbelt properly.

Then the police won't have to waste time on you and can go after the real bad guys.

The police wouldn't have wreaked your apprenticship though, would they? Only you could have done that.

its force of habit, its always irritated my neck so for about three years ive clicked it in then tucked it under my arm for comfort, i did do wrong and i admit that were only human, but where in a coppers job description does it say they can talk to you like crap???

I have got a little plastic clip thing that fits onto the part that goes across your waist and you then clip the diagonal section onto this bit and it keeps it from rubbing your neck, solves problem and keeps seatbelt in correct position, I have had mine a couple of years, I got mine from Kleeneze, £2.50 for 2 pack but I think you can get similar in Halfords.

anyway ille not be stupid in future and check im wearing it properly, my opinion of the police in this country has changed dramatically and thanks everyone for replying with your views :) :), :suspect:

and thanks for advice rainbow sky :) and tis me, thanks for arguement snailyboy lol

its force of habit, its always irritated my neck so for about three years ive clicked it in then tucked it under my arm for comfort, i did do wrong and i admit that were only human, but where in a coppers job description does it say they can talk to you like crap???

Shame some bobbies don't have particularly good "customer service skills."

I clearly don't know whether this is relevant to your vehicle or not but I get into lots of cars/vans where the seatbelt anchorage point can be adjusted up and down but I find it pretty much always in the "up" position. So nobody has thought of lowering the belt's anchorage point to sit the belt more comfortably on the shoulder. Without lowering it, the belt hovers an inch or two away from the shoulder and, depending on sitting position in the vehicle, rubs on and irritates exposed flesh.

Having the belt away even an inch from the shoulder prior to a crunch clearly means that your torso will be propelled an inch or so unnecessarily without being restrained by the belt. This unnecessary momentum before the abrupt halt clearly risks more extensive skeletal and internal injury.

As regards lap belts, they are not illegal as such (?) but the evidence of a good few new-ish vehicles makes me believe that vehicle manufacturers have steadily moved away from them and have found ways of avoiding their use in the back of a car. I presume the law suggests that if you have a 3-point belt you must use it as such.

I think the op has enough intelligence to know how they were being treated.

nice to see your posts dont change= conflict

lol.....bring your old identity, the infamous 'Newvanandman'. You could start again by telling us how you've driven for more than 3 million miles, accident free.

lol.....bring your old identity, the infamous 'Newvanandman'. You could start again by telling us how you've driven for more than 3 million miles, accident free.

i wasnt driving if your refering to me, only 17 i was the passenger not started driving yet wise guy :)

I HAVE BEEN STOPPED AND HAD A FINE ON THE SPOT - but then it was on holiday!

Just read the conflict in every one of his posts.His user name says it all :)

Have you been drinking?

You never never 'accept' your wrong though pretending to be nice while avoiding the questions can be fruitful.

Maybe it's 'accept that they think that you were in the wrong, but without actually admitting that you were'.

PO - You appeared to be travelling quite fast there Sir.

Perp - Really, well I'm very sorry officer, I'll be more careful in the future.

Nothing that can be used as an admission of guilt, but you are sorry and implicitly admitting that you know full well that you were going too fast, but that you also know that they can't prove it.

Look sorry, appear sorry, they will probably just drop it and move on.

i wasnt driving if your refering to me, only 17 i was the passenger not started driving yet wise guy :)

errrr...I wasn't referring to you.

i did appear sorry but no such luck lol, and i agree tis me :) :)

your not getting the point, i didnt mind being told i knew i was in the wrong it was the attitude and tone of voice the copper used, he wouldnt talk to his boss like that so what gives him the right???, i dont mind paying fine, its just with all the other worse crimes happing, especially in the area he pulled us, i though he would have just warned me, he could have wrecked my apprenticeship writing fines out for such a trivial thing, all those bums hanging on street corners, he wouldnt wreck their careers because they dont want a career, i contribute to society and deserve respect back.:rant::hihi:

He's almost certainly a traffic cop. His job is to monitor the traffic, not to chase burglars, not to catch murders and not to move the bums along.

The police are all split up into departments with responsibility for different things.