Fine for not having seat belt on

G.birch

They've given you a fine because they really really care about you, and think that taking your money shows how much they care. All they want is for you to wear your seatbelt so they know how safe you are.

Don't pay it. Then they might send you to prison, which would be even more caring and definitely good for you. And the police will be happy in the knowledge that you are safely banged up at tax payer's expense with a cell mate nicknamed Psycho Killer to take care of you.

PS: Go ask on the forums at pepipoo.com

I've thought about this for a few minutes now. The Police want you to be safe, but really, deep down I don't care about you one bit. I mean, I don't know you (probably) so you mean nothing to me, but I do know someone who needs a kidney. Please continue to drive without your seatbelt! That way, my friend gets his kidney. :)

Please fill in a donor card, or sign-up here: http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/how_to_become_a_donor/how_to_become_a_donor.jsp Then, when your life rushes before you, you'll see that it was worthwhile after all! :)

Aside from the rights and wrongs of non-wearing of seatbelts, i'm pretty sure that the 'slip rule' (which gives the police protection from minor administratice ****-ups such as typos) would apply here. But as has been said, pepipoo.com is the place to ask