Wong Ting - Beware!

sweetcorn

A word of warning for all thoses dining in Wong Ting, check your bill! We eat there regularly (weekly) and have always seen people disputing the bill, and yesterday it was our turn. the bill always arrives in chinese with a final price on it, but not itemised, this week we noticed it was higher than usual. So i asked him to check it...

he comes back and says the prices have gone up, fair enough i think, since when? Well erm, today he says. Can you bring me the menu so I can check? No the prices havent changed in the menu. Then when have they changed i ask? Since I sat down? or since I ordered? I ask for the manager...

Hello, yes the exchange rate is bad you know so i charge you more. Are you joking i ask? Im not paying more than the menu price! Well he says i cant help the exchange rate, and erm...at this point i lost my temper. And he says we should have told you the prices have changed, so if i ask any other table in here if they know the prices have changed wil they know? cos im going to ask? Erm no he says very sheepishly, I will let you pay at normal price he says, cheeky ******* i said!

Its mainly English/western people they over charge but judging on yesterdays performance it s chinese aswell now, so beware....

Whats the exchange rate got to do with it ?

Were you paying in something other than pounds sterling ?

well its not that difficult to work out, the sterling is less valuble and worth less in their native land, so they will jack the prices up to obtain the same amount of their local currency etc.